Alexander McQueen-RIP

Mick Mac

Fantastically creative, some have employed the word "genius"; graduated from enfant terrible to senior leading light in British (and international) fashion. His clothes make women look fierce, beautiful and sexy (similar thing with the menswear actually - hot). And a nice guy who loved his mum.

Will be horribly missed in the creative and fashion worlds, and devastating for his family to lose him and his mum together. A sad sad day - RIP.

He was a huge talent - massive. You cannot wear an Alexander McQueen outfit without turning heads; it's as simple as that. Even an LBD will have a twist; it won't be JUST a little LBD. His clothes are very special. To be honest I never thought about him much as a man; I just like wearing his clothes. I do know that he recently lost his mother and he had found that hard to bear.

What will happen to all the staff and shops now? It's a named brand so it's not as if someone can just step into the breach. After this current collection there's nothing to keep them going. There's all the shop staff, warehouse staff, dressmakers etc? The immediate future looks pretty bleak for them doesn't it. I suppose they could resurrect some of his most brilliant designs as a tribute to him which, if you ask me, is a pretty good idea.

An uber-talented life cut short. Quite shocking. I'm wearing MqQueen all day today, even though I'm at home and might go no further than Cafe Nero.

Very sad.

I overheard some tool say that he was only a fashion designer, and it's not like it was Nelson Mandela or anyone. Folk like that, I just cannot fathom. Who he is or what he was is not the point, he was loved by his family and their grief will not be helped by the opinion that he was "only a fashion designer" For the record, I've never owned anything by him, but I think a world where virtuoso talent is not present is likely to be very boring indeed.

Poor bloke. He must have been desperately unhappy.

The label will survive, being steered by a handful of his closest aides/muses I'd think, but any piece pre-2010 will now be a collector's item as it will have the hand of the man himself on it, and these will go for outrageous sums. Most likely some of them will end up in the V&A and other museums.