More lordship lane shop news (tyre shop & Jerk Rock)

Tanza

The tyre shop (corner of Bawdale Road and Lordship Lane) is closing. They mentioned that the shop in the same row - the old Jerk Rock will be a new clothes shop run by Mrs Robinson, the shop opposite on Lordship lane.

kford Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I like the tyre shop. It's got a great used look

> to it. Why can't it be the vile chicken and pizza

> shops?

I hear that the landlord who has bought up that particular row of shops (all the ones repainted white)has put the rents up so it will be interesting to see how the other shops in that row fare. Can't recall what the other shops there are though. Is there a florist there??

a few years ago two lady friends of mine, who would nowadys be called empty-nesters, fancied opening a shop. they couldn't agree whose busines plan was most likely to succeed; and they couldn't each afford the rent on a wee shop in a the street[which wasn't unlike a rural perthshire ED, but with more millionaires].

they decided to take a shop with two victorian bay windows, put in two rear counters, have a wall each, and split all the costs.

as far as i know the "hand made button and chocolate cake shop" is still there and is a regular stop for american bus tours of the highlands, coining it for the two golf widows.

this is off thread but hey, i'm liking the NY speak so:

is the bottom end of ED (station side) down or up town then? or is NY parlance only applicable to LL which seems a bit nuts if that is the case as it misses out the whole stretch to the station and goose green back to the rye.

i'll assume that it's (the station) up town as we are going north. therefore i am 2nd street upper north east side, just off pytchley & vale, so (counting from pythcley) about 8 blocks away from the tyre shop??

i may start a thread about this, could be fun?

mamafeelgood Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> this is off thread but hey, i'm liking the NY

> speak so:

>

> is the bottom end of ED (station side) down or up

> town then? or is NY parlance only applicable to LL

> which seems a bit nuts if that is the case as it

> misses out the whole stretch to the station and

> goose green back to the rye.

>

> i'll assume that it's (the station) up town as we

> are going north. therefore i am 2nd street upper

> north east side, just off pytchley & vale, so

> (counting from pythcley) about 8 blocks away from

> the tyre shop??

>

> i may start a thread about this, could be fun?

Technically, you would be in Harlem.

Shame that the Tyre shop is ceasing to trade - though a tyre shop right there, on the high street, right on the corner with a side road could cause an obstruction: punters often parking accross the drop-down, doing odd little bits of reverse parking onto the sidewalk. I used that guy too - would have been nice if he could have moved into one of the residential streets.

citizen