is anyone watching big brother this year?

mamafeelgood

definitely died for me. I have tuned in for the first week of each series but could not bear:

a) the cast list

b) BB's endless tinkering

c) THAT woman (Davina)

It's not fatigue.. if I watch an earlier series the relative simplicity of the format made for enjoyable enough viewing but it's nigh on unwatchable nowadays

This is the first year I've managed not to get sucked in. It's great not being stuck in front of it every night, despising every second and yet feeling somehow compelled to watch anyway. Maybe the spell is finally broken.

I'm loving this series. I've been properly hooked from the start. And generally I HATE it. This year's misfits have been compelling but they are so awful I don't know why I find it interesting.

Thank god that Tracey went on Friday. She looks too much like Dennis Pennis to me:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/guide/images/400/anyoneforpennis_1.jpg

Looking forward to the last week. I'm sure Liam will win.

Charlie

I'm with you, Charlie.

I think this series has been one of the first for a while to sustain interest throughout. (I ditched quite early-on in previous years).

As TV formats go, it's still a stroke of televisual genius. I wish I'd thought of it.

I reckon this is about the third series I have watched... and none has beaten the simplicity of the first.

I watch the Big Brother on the Couch because I like the pop psychology element of it. The rest of it I take and leave as and when - I've gone weeks this year without watching it, then I'll dip in for a few days. People always describe Big Brother as something akin to an addiction whereas the beauty of the format is that it is impossible to miss anything of vital importance even if you don't watch for ages.

I'd like Brian to win this year.

having watched nearly all of them i agree that this year knocks the socks of the previous 2 (the last decent one being when nadia one in my humble opinion) but, this year as soon as they introduced the half way house i just lost any interest.

i was interested to read that the phone voting was still making c4 a packet yet i don't know anyone watching this year. what i will always love about bb is the passion is sparks in people becuase when people hate it they really HATE IT and they have to repeatedly tell you why you're a moron for watching it.

Have you also noticed how ex-BB watchers are like ex-smokers in many respects?

My personal highlight was lipless Ziggy and Chanelle's 'relayshunship'. It was like watching him drive in slow motion into a pile-up, again and again, whilst using his cock to steer instead of his hands.

The only reason they haven't offended anyone is because they are incapable of coherent speech.

They are fit though well one of them is. The other is carrying a bit of extra timber on her face which makes her look like she's got mumps in comparison to her sister.

I can occasionally make out a few words when the 'brainy one' speaks.

The other one.. nothing. I can't concentrate because her (lifeless) eyes are set so far apart that I keep thinking about what to buy from Moxon's when I next go.

Ahh.. Jonty. To quote Charlie Brooker (again):

Jonty (should win), for his startling quasi-resemblance to Mark Lawson - not the closest lookalike ever, but close enough to make it vaguely possible that some day soon Lawson will be walking down the street only to find himself suddenly surrounded by squealing teenage Big Brother fans jumping up and down and taking his photo, while a van driver zooms past parping his horn and bellowing "Jontyyyyyy you fuckahhhh!" out the window

I'm still not sure which one is which.

By my reckoning the brains of the operation is (I think) Amanda.. the one who didn't want to get it on with Brian because he was bl.. er, I mean, because he wasn't the type of guy she normally went for.