To dye or not to dye....

Narnia

I'm a 50 something 'grey headed auld hoor' (as is how it is put in my homeland). I'm also seeking worthwhile employment since being made redundant. In this age where ageism is not supposed to exist but probably does, do you think I should dye my hair to try and look younger? Whilst I'm at it I recently received a call from an agency asking if I was interested in a position in a company which supplies meat. I couldn't help laughing so the person said to me 'you're not a vegetarian are you?'. I am. Will a blonde meat-eater have more success than I'm having currently? All serious answers will be totally ignored!

Fraid not Bob. I have applied to manage Real Madrid though as they usually have a vacancy on an annual basis. I have a 100% record having for one season led my son's team to glory in the Friday night U8's 7 a side leage on the astroturf at Dulwich Hamlet. I can't act though.

It depends Declan. George is grey but he's hot as hell. 50 isn't old but it's the age at which if you haven't taken care of yourself it will show. If you've got a paunch and you're otherwise in need of maintenance then I would get yourself down to Boots sharpish. Personally I find grey hair attractive but only when the rest of the guy's appearance isn't a turn off.

I started to lose my hair in my early 20's and was desperate to cover it up and looked quite silly in the process. In the end I relented and started to shave it all really close, then to be pleasantly surprised to find it was actually quite trendy and not as big a problem as I first imagined. Later on, I started to go grey too. My reaction was instinctively to cover it up by shaving my head even closer than before, because - as everyone knows - grey hair grows faster than normal hair! Only recently have I begun to realise that it doesn't make one jot of difference how I look, hair-wise, as long as the overall appearance is ok. So now, I'm growing my locks (what's left of them) and learning to embrace my greyness. That expensive bottle of hair dye I bought last year (now there's a confession!) will remain unopened, in my bathroom cabinet, never to be used.

So the long and short of it is, I agree with Giggirl. And Daizie (though loaded, I ain't!)

brum Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I started to lose my hair in my early 20's and was

> desperate to cover it up and looked quite silly in

> the process...now, I'm growing my locks (what's left of

> them) and learning to embrace my greyness.

What a brave post brum...and for what it's worth, I think you are gorgeous (in a non-romantic/non-sexual sense of course, me being a happily married lady and all)! Stay as you are!