rats

K&O Pest Control

we at k&o pest control have been doing lots of jobs lately in dulwich for rats,in one job alone we killed 8 of them in the space of 2 weeks and this job is still on going,another job we killed 2 of them which came into a ladys kitchen though the waste pipe near her sink,

i would like to offer advice to all people who read this,

have a look around your outside of your house look at all vents see if there are any missing or broken

look at waste pipes and any pipe work coming into your place see if there are any gaps round them

boller flums look to see if they are tight to the wall on the out side

down pipes should have covers on them at the bottom where that meet the drain also caped at the top of the gutter to

go in the loft and turn light off to see if any light is getting in block it rats and squirels can get in

the best stuff to use when filling holes/wire wool(a must)expand fome,quick dry cement,3mill wire grill,hard wood,

please understand to stop rats getting in do as we say and all is well

if you do need our help please call

colin sims k&o pest control

colinBLAH BLAH BLAH Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> we at k&o pest control have been doing lots of

> jobs lately in dulwich for rats,in one job alone

> we killed 8 of them in the space of 2 weeks and

> this job is BLAH BLAH BLAH.. still on going,another job we killed 2

> of them which came into a ladys kitchen though the

> waste pipe near her sink,

> i would like to offer advice to all people who

> read this,

> have a look around your outside of your house look

> at all vents see if there are any missing or

> broken

> look at waste pipes and any pipe work coming into

> your place see if there are any gaps round them

> boller flums look to see if they are tight to the

> wall on the BLAH BLAH BLAH..

> the best stuff to use when filling holes/wire

> wool(a must)expand fome,quick dry cement,3mill

> wire grill,hard wood,

> please understand to stop rats getting in do as we

> say and all is well

> if you do need our help please call

> colin sims k&o pest control BLAH....

Colin

Have you been to Dubai lately ?

I will do as you say.....BLAH BLAH BLAH

W**F

*..........*

:))Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Had a dead rat in the garden one Saturday morning

> couple of years ago.

xxxxxx

Luxury.

I once counted twenty one, of various generations, outside my kitchen window.

On a farm, not in ED, I hasten to add.

Farmers had to poison them. I used to lie in bed at night listening to them gnawing through the floorboards beneath my bed.

Oh happy days.

One died in an inaccessible spot beneath my hut aka home. The smell was indescribable for weeks.

:))

OMG this is karma for being rude to Colin.

I thought I had mice. Nice quite small harmless things, occasionally running about a bit, occasional squeak.

Last night something large clawed beneath my bed (near my pillow, AAARRGGGHH) for ages, and it didn't go away when I banged on the floor. Twice. It sounded like it was scritchy-scratching and gnawing underneath the carpet and it sounded much bigger than a mouse.

I had to turn the light on and sleep all night with the light on.

It could have course have been the return of the ghost cat. But it sounded more like a RAT :))

Don't be too scared Sue - it may actually be a mouse! The mice that live under my fridge sound absolutely HUGE - but when they pop out they are teensy tiny country mice. Really, not even as big as normal house mice. I feel like a real creep when (on the very odd occasion) one of them is stupid enough to get caught in one of my traps... more normally they just eat my poisoned grain (I think they're immune as I've never found a dead mice and they never go away)... it's a shame when pests have to be so cute... they don't even poo anywhere?!!! Maybe they are escaped gerbils?

Whatever it is, I'd rather it didn't sound like it was about to gnaw its way through my floor then burst onto my pillow in the middle of the night in the dark when I'm by myself :))

Thing is, emilydrab, thanks for your positive and supportive post, but I have actually lived in a place with rats, which did indeed gnaw through the floor, and the farmer had to put metal plates down eventually.

They also built little stores of food in my kitchen cupboards, eg moving chickpeas into the box of teabags, which in a way was quite endearing but also possibly not something you want to encourage :)

Stupid thing is, I did encourage them, they used to swing off the bird peanut feeder (this is absolutely true), I thought they were squirrels until I saw they had rather thin tails for squirrels :-$

I felt like the Pied Piper, I can tell you

Edited to correct drunken typos :)

There was a recent ' Mouse Iradication Day' thread a little while ago ( actually probably some months back) when the poster made the sensible suggestion that if the whole area made a concerted effort to irradicate mice all together, it might have a sustained effect. There's been a thread on this in The Family Room very recently.

Let's face it, vermin is a local problem. I for one have seen rats in the park by Sainsbury's and have killed many mice in my house over the years. I don't know if we're more vulnerable with most of us living in older housing?

Perhaps we should make a more concerted effort to do so?