The Old Nun's Head - New Management

SweetShopDan

Dear All,

We get the keys a week today trade as it is til 28th then close til March 6th.

We are then having 2 / 3 weeks of inviting people to have a nosey around ask us of our plans and share a drinks on us.

Go to www.theoldnunshead.co.uk, register your details, to receive your free drink voucher.

We have an awesome chef and will be serving traditional English Fair with some Lincolnshire nuances, oh and great steaks!

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Cheers !

Lou and Dan

You're on form tonight Jimmy Two Times :))

What is this Nunhead Forum, I know of the West Dulwich, Camberwell and Forest Hill Forums but not Nunhead?

Another place to promote our local gigs perchance (shameless plug for The Goose Is Out! Sorry admin, wash my mouth out).

Dear All,

Jonny is still very much at The Gowlett and is helping us a great deal with the transition and is indeed a good bloke and landlord. We plan to keep all the good bits: The quiz, Sunday Lunch, The Jazz, Easy Come and the great beer.

We do however plan to give the place a bit of a face lift, open in the day appealing to Mums and home workers with free wireless, up the food offering, introduce comedy yes Gutrocking will have a new home and my bro will be compering when he can and also some feature live music and maybe the odd DJ.

We also want to bring fresh concepts and ideas to the table, our ethos is about doing the basics right, but giving people a reason to come back every time they visit. With my back ground in marketing I hope to let the right people know about what we are doing, and give people a reason to walk that little bit further a field from ED.

To honest though the boss is my girlfriend Lou who some of you may remember did the door at Gutrocking when it was up stairs, she is the driving force and has all the experience to turn our ideas into reality.

We will welcome feedback so please come down have a nosey and let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Dan

Please could I put some requests in??

Could there be more comfortable seats please - the chairs appear to have been discarded from an old church hall, possibly for being too uncomfortable.

Also, it is incredibly dark in the large seating area on the sides away from the TV - it isn't atmospheric because it feels like someone is trying to save money by not turning on lights. There are only 2 tables where is possible to read a paper which is irritating if you have popped in late afternoon/early evening on a Sunday with the express purpose of reading the paper whilst enjoying a nice glass of wine.

Finally, it's often unpleasantly cold. People are cold so they sit as close as possible to the fire (when it is lit which isn't that often) which means that hardly any heat gets into the room and the radiators never seem to be on.

Sorry to grumble - I love the ONH and think it is a great local but I think these minor details stop it from being a really fantastic local. Good luck!