Our councillor James B - Not ED specific really - (failed to respond to my emails)

iamhere

I just want to vent my dissapointment in my experience of how unhelpful our LIBDEM councillor James Barber is - he has ignored / failed to respond to emails and has not kept to his word - ignorant would be an accurate description to describe him.

East Dulwich resident!

he has ignored / failed to respond to emails and has not kept to his word

I have absolutely no axe to grind on this at all, but the claims as put above suggest that he could be accused of being rude, or lazy, or a liar (I am not suggesting any of these things, by the way) but not ignorant - indeed most of his posts are quite well informed.

Perhaps he is on holiday?

Out of interest, are your resident in Cllr Barber's ward?? (Not that that usually makes a difference to him). How many counsellors in Southwark - why have you singled him out?

And if this is not a bit of petty politicking, why point out he is a Lib Dem?

I have always found James and the other East Dulwich Ward Councillors helpful - regardless whether you phone/meet/email them.

Since James is one of the very few elected councillors who regularly contribute to the forum, it is so easy for him to be targetted for things happening outside his ward. There are a few prospective councillors who writw here regularly (from all parties).

It has been half term this week and since he has 2 young children he may have done, what many other parents have done - taken time out to spend with the family.

Stamp feet, hold breath, throw toy, sulk, GIVE ME AN ANSWER TO MY EMAIL COUNCILLOR BARBER!

What, 2 emails in a whole 2 weeks that haven't been replied to? Have you sued him yet?

I've no beef with people criticising politicians of any party but James Barber is really pretty helpful as councillors go and he makes more effort than most to address people's concerns on this forum.

Perhaps your EDF name 'iamhere' says it all. It says, 'I'm here pay me attention'. No wonder you have started the most self-indulgent thread on here since the thread about someone having received letters addressed to someone else through their letterbox one day (which was subtitled 'The Royal Mail should be shut down' or something)...

iamhere Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I just want to vent my dissapointment in my

> experience of how unhelpful our LIBDEM councillor

> James Barber is - he has ignored / failed to

> respond to emails and has not kept to his word -

> ignorant would be an accurate description to

> describe him.

>

> East Dulwich resident!

James Barber has been very helpful in various issues I've been involved in.

I also wonder why, with an election coming up, the OP feels it necessary to say what political party JB belongs to (which by the way I don't vote for).

Hello

I was simply venting disappointment - the complaint was presented to James Barber at one of his surgeries - almost five weeks after - no response - not a dicky bird.

That's it.

Oh, and to the person that read into my profile name - try taking a look in the mirror.

Steveo - I promise James B is looking into the costs of Southwark Life and other Council pubs. I've met with him about this and know he's concerned about getting costs down, whilst abiding by some pretty strict Audit Commission obligations making these pubs necessary.

And out of interest - I have no political or council affiliations, just being helpful.

iaineasy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> examples?? I smell a rat.

Well spotted - iamhere looks like a new member who has only posted in this thread... hmmmm

Lets not get at someone who is clearly trying to engage with the community. I have had access to loads of information because James Barber has taken the time to post it on this forum and made himself available, no wonder he's now so busy!

What did you expect, iamhere. A counsellor comes onto the forum, puts up with an initial barrage of cynicism and does a lot of good work. You come on here and make an unspecified complaint, smelling entirely of a party political plant, and expect us to... well, I'm not entirely sure what you expect us to do, actually.

Frankly, if I was James Barber I'd be pretty pleased at this thread: lots of people sticking up for their local counsellor. Whoever thought they'd see that?

So, whatever you were up to, iamhere, I suspect you failed.

Sorry Loz, but your view is not syncronistic at all with the motive of my posting - I repeat, I was voicing a disappointment on the forum where I know the individual to contribute, and simply pointing out poor behaviour I would not expect from a public servant who likes to appear, helpful and this occasion has been lacking.

Kind regards.

If I was a busy councillor with an intray of correspondance far in excess of any hope if clearing, i would prioritise my responses and deal with those queries which at least had the good manners to understand there is a human being involved

aggressive, self important queries would probably get pushed to the bottom. Or ignored

iamhere, on the available evidnce, would be somebody i would actively want to vote for someone else. Or emigrate