Shopping, kids, parents

Lawrence

"13th Feb 11am at xxxxx Florist, xxxxxx Lane, my 19 month old son and I went in to buy flowers for Valentines. I asked my son to pick out some flowers. My son is a very gentle sweet boy. He went to touch some flowers and an xxxxxx woman with xxxxx hair flew out from behind the counter and said 'Get your son off the flowers'. I picked him up, selected flowers and took them to the counter. I asked for help regarding my selection and the same woman folded her arms, gave me a dirty look, tutted and turned to her colleague and rolled her eyes. I asked again whether the flowers would work together and she said 'Do you want them or not?'. I replied, 'Don't worry about it, I'll go somewhere else'. As I was leaving the shop, she screamed at me 'Take you and your stinking child out of my shop and don't come back!' !!!

I turned and said, 'Are you speaking to me?' She ran towards me, screaming 'Get your stinking child out of my shop!'

I was scared for my child so turned and walked quickly down the road. By the time I got to Foxtons I heard someone yelling and she had swung in front of me, blocking my way, saying 'I'm out of my shop now' in a very aggressive way like she wanted to have a fight with me. I told her I'd call the Police. She was screaming abuse and I was scared for my son. I got past her and went straight to xxxxxxxx Florist. As I walked through the door, xxxxxx gave my son a gerberer. I nearly broke down, told him what had happened and thanked him for making my son feel welcome. He told me he gets a lot of complaints about xxxxxxx "

This is an earlier posting, pulled for obvious reasons. I have taken the liberty of removing the names of involved parties, in order that we my discuss it.

As a small business owner I really dislike this sort of thing, so well done to the Mods.

Various people thought this post was simple lies, my take;

I cannot comment on if this is true or not. I don't get why you would wait 2 weeks to rave about this. As a person who was once involved in the display and sale of delicate goods, I used to feel quite offended that some people think it appropriate to let their wobbling, gurgling bundle of joy handle the wares. The fact you say the florist had to ask the boy not to touch the flowers and you have selected loose flowers from the display, taken them to the counter and then asked if they go together marks you out as "business one might be better off without."

Now I'm not saying this deserved the response it got........

Well said Lawrence, I too work in a Shop and am constantly amazed at how some parents just ignore the way their children act and let them run riot. Some children are obviously to precious to hear the word "no" or even worse have the parents "I can do what I want, when I want" attitude rub off on them.