Stabbing on Peckham Rye Lane this afternoon

Jaws

Hi All,

I have just got home from being stuck on Rye Lane due to two women that slashed and stabbed each other to pieces, with smashed bottles - right in front of me. It was awful and absolutely disgusting.

The road was blocked and no buses were moving either side, so if you are heading that way you may be delayed.

Hopefully the police would have gotten things moving if not now then soon - but thought I'd warn you just in case.

silverfox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Not sure I believe this

Are you serious? or just being an antagonistic idiot?!

Why on earth would I post this if it wasn't true? That would make me quite sick in the head. Which I assure you, I am not.

It did indeed happen and it happened right in front of me. And I have seen it twenty times over in my head since. Not something fun I can assure you.

Peckham Rye Lane, as much as I love it for the foods etc etc I think the attitude of too many people who go there-are damn right rude. Not all but certainly many-in my personal opinion.

Thanks for all your nice messages dudes..

silverfox Wrote:

> Not sure I believe this

Are you serious? or just being an antagonistic idiot?!

Why on earth would I post this if it wasn't true? That would make me quite sick in the head. Which I assure you, I am not.

It did indeed happen and it happened right in front of me. And I have seen it twenty times over in my head since. Not something fun I can assure you.

Peckham Rye Lane, as much as I love it for the foods etc etc I think the attitude of too many people who go there-are damn right rude. Not all but certainly many-in my personal opionion.

Okay, so let's get this straight.

You witnessed two women slashing and stabbing eachother to pieces with broken bottles. Right in front of you.

Presumably you've given a statement to the police, given a description of the two. You may be due to visit the police station to look through mug shots to identify them given how close you were. And presumably you'll be in court to identify them if called upon?

Am I right?

silverfox Wrote:

> Okay, so let's get this straight.

>

> You witnessed two women slashing and stabbing

> eachother to pieces with broken bottles. Right in

> front of you.

>

> Presumably you've given a statement to the police,

> given a description of the two. You may be due to

> visit the police station to look through mug shots

> to identify them given how close you were. And

> presumably you'll be in court to identify them if

> called upon?

>

> Am I right?

Silverfox - i don't want to pick a fight, but it's just possible you are having a pop at someone who has just had a shocking, if not traumatising experience. Give him/her a break. You might be making an upset person even more distressed.

You have a problem. A serious one at that.

I was just letting people know why they may be delayed going through Peckham this evening and to let them know what happened.

Thank you to all who have written nice messages asking if I am OK-it is very nice and thoughtful of you-I'm fine, just was shaken up I guess.

Isn't it nice to know that some poeple feel you need to have people 'stick up' for you to be believed about something so sick. As someone else has already said, I hope you feel so proud of yourself Silverfox, for being such a dick and trying to rile someone up that has already seen enough for one day. From me to you, well bloody done. I hope you have as good a night sleep as I will. Goodnight.

silverfox Wrote:

> I still find this a bit far fetched.

>

> Jaws, explain yourself, witness statements etc. If

> Rye Lane was at a standstill why is only Brum, who

> wasn't there, sticking up for you?

Jaws - my husband had a horrid exp (was attacked) just before Christmas, which I and our 2.5 year old witnessed. I really feel for you and know what you mean about reliving it all in your head. We've just been through the witness statement/identification parade and victim support side of things so if you want to chay just PM me.

All the very very best x