stalkers - you haven't arrived until you've got one!

LegalEagle-ish

I have a stalker, I know who she is and she has been obsessed with me for well over a decade, but I find it amusing that she wastes so much of her time and energy obsessing about me.

Should I withdraw into the shadows, or let this sad creature continue to live vicariously through me??

So she'll be reading this then?

Which level of stalker is she, from one to five?

(Level 1 = mooning at you with sideways glances across a crowded pub)

(Level 5 = likelihood of you waking to discover you're gaffer-taped to a chair with a smell of petroleum spirit in the air)

legalbeagle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Crikey LE you're brave. I'd be demanding 24 hour

> security.

>

> But then I do have a slight tendancy to

> overdramatise.

>

> Do you feel safe? I guess that's the most

> important thing!

It's not me LB,just in case you wondered!

I haven't got one.

I know they can be properly serious and terrifying, but still my month long run-in with an 8 stone weakling and his cuddly toys and roses and surprising turning ups at the pub makes me feel entirely inadequate.

Still Legal, I reckon you could take her...

Well, I had a stalker many years ago. I was only 16 and the psychopath stalked me for two long years. I found it to be a very intimidating and degrading experience. I would open my curtains in the morning and the controlling B-RSTARD would be there...outside, across the road looking up towards my bedsit. Then the creep would follow me to work...he would actually sit behind me on the bus. Then when I went out for lunch the pervert would appear from nowhere and follow me everywhere and then back to work. Come home time, him with the personality disorder would follow me home again. I used to try every trick in the book to get rid of this obsessive...e.g. I took to sprinting when on foot in the hope I would lose him, or I would race up/down stairs/escalators in the hope that he would get a heart attack. It even got to the stage where I would time making a mad dash across a fast flowing and exceedingly busy road in the hope that he would get knocked down. I never succeeded, but the murderous thoughts were there. Not nice I know, but that freak made my life hell.

For those reasons I do not find stalking remotely funny...but each to their own eh?

Lol, you could always follow them!

LM, sorry to hear you were seriously stalked when you were so young, the police didn't take things like that very seriously back then. I think things have moved on a lot since those times and if it were now you would be able to get him nicked quite easily (or set your hubby on him!). I wasn't trying to be insensitive, but there are different levels of stalking, and the person who is obsessed with me isn't a threat, she is just annoying. It's still weird obsessive behaviour but not on the same level as you went through. Hope I haven't brought back any nightmares xx

LegalEagle-ish Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> LM, sorry to hear... I

> wasn't trying to be insensitive...

No worries LE. I wasn't actually looking for any sympathy, but simply felt a strong urge to make the point that I simply do not (cannot) find stalkers/stalking funny. Sorry. xx

My stalker was one of the first to be prosecuted under the new stalking laws. Stalker made the big mistake of sending someone to my house, in the guise of a police officer, with fake police ID, in order to "question" me about various matters - i.e. get some information out of me. In the eyes of the police this elevated the crime to a whole new level. "Impersonating a police officer" is something that really pisses the police off. Anyway, long story short, they both got prosecuted and ended up with criminal records. Result.