Best dating website?

louisiana

My mate divorced within a year of marriage - and after licking his wounds and counting the cost he recently took his tentative first step back into dating and joined a site. Fast forward a few months and I've been regaled with stories of the encounters he's had - with at least ten great girls of all backgrounds, interests and sexual preferences too strong to outline in a nice family forum.

Put short he found it was a total hotbed of repressed deviancy and strings free fun - he dated a barrister, a make up artist, a dancer and a travel rep - all types.... and described the experience like "shooting very randy fish in a barrel".

The site in question?

Guardian Soulmates. Which of course has many non Guardian readers using it (although the name helps for respectability purposes).

Agree with Louisiana re match.com - inundated with winks/emails from tattooed, beer gutted, shaven headed men who all seem to come from Kent....with not a qualification between them and barely able to string a sentence together - Yuk!

Guardian Soulmates OK but My Single Friend has some gorgeous men on it, but as there are similarly gorgeous women on it too the competition is fierce!

I am happily a couple, but before I wasn't, I used Love and Friends and Guardian Soulmates and met some nice men on both of them :)

And I know several people who are in LTRs as a result of using one or the other, including my sister.

But I do think you have to meet up PDQ, because you can get a very wrong impression of people from emails :))

Edited to add: Don't know if it still does, but Love and Friends had a forum which was quite fun, I met some people I'm still in touch with from that, both men and women.

Thanks buggie, MrBen and emc. Excellent advice.

Mick Mac: I really think Stockwell would be the last place on a list of places to visit in search of a mate! Though it would probably be the first on my list of places to fence stolen goods ;-)

My best friend met his wife in the Swan. Still happily married.

I just did my research there. Found my wife in clapham.

Always think if you have to pay a fee to find a soulmate you have not tried hard enough

Try going out more often and each time you go out drink a little more than you did the previous time, until you find someone. .