> Oh ?, need to be at Euston by quarter to nine

> tomorrow. Guess I?d best get the bust from Forest

> Hill Rd, think it?s a 63?, and walk from Kings

> Cross.

>

> Any idea how long it will take?

>

> Should I leave soon?

No. 63 to Kings X - approx 60 minutes if you catch one before 8.00am - after that can add a further 10 - 20 mins to journey times.

Plenty more flaneurs-by-proxy out and about between Elephant&Castle and Tower Bridge this morning

Apart from the odd gobshite who feels his consumer rights have been violated, I think it actually makes people more pleasant as they have to think outside the box and realise that (f'rinstance) no-one needs to pay to go down several floors, wait for a tube at Picadilly Circus and then change at Leicester Sq when they can just walk 70 yards

Ladygooner Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Pleased to report Jubilee Line seems to be running

> well although very overcrowded..........

This afternoon it was hellish - with most people under the impression that my carriage was actually the Tardis with infinitely expandable space inside despite the evident crush. Stopping for 15 mins outside Westminster added to the fun.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• That is clearly not true. I see car drivers breaking the law on an hourly basis - jumping red lights, speeding, not obeying the general rules. Plus they are operating considerably more dangerous machinery and should have a greater responsibility of care to other road uses. You can see who causes the most harm by the stats. 
    • Looking for a suit for an 11 year old. Quite specific, white with black thin stripes.  Trying to replicate Michael Jacksons smooth criminal costume.  A blue linen shirt and white tie.    Thank you !!!!!!!
    • A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In