About 2 hours by train from Kings X I think

*Bob* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> York

>

> Swarming with grotesque stag and hen nights -

> every weekend.

*Bob*

I was working in York one weekend many years ago ( oh & single ) & went out in the evening

I "met" a very nice young lady in a bar

We had a bit of a snog & I "threw up" after a minute or two ( as you do )

She then asked me back to her hotel ( as you would )

This is my residing "rot" memory of York

( ah, they were the days....)

W**F

A discerning lady.. a proper lady. Delightful!

I remember visiting some charming pubs in York, then a pleasant meal. Then we took a wrong turn and found ourselves walking down a very steep street where we were the only people not wearing deeley boppers, L-plates, matching t-shirts, or in drag.

New Forest.

Get a train from Waterloo to Brockenhurst (approx 90mins).

Hire bikes one day, and ride around the forest.

Take a trip to Hurst Castle another day (walk out to it along the shingle spit, then get the little boat back.

Oh, and when in Brockenhurst, go for a meal at the Italian place "Il Palio 2", right by the station.