One for all you cyclists out there

robotcat

Hello!

Now spring has sprung there are a lot more of us cyclists on the roads. Unfortunately this has meant an increase in fatalities with 2 in London in 24 hours last week - both cyclists were killed by lorries turning across them.

Detective Inspector Andy Rose of the Metropolitan Police Collision Investigation Unit, who's studying at London Southbank University has prepared an online survey that aims to improve understanding of how cyclists assess risk when cycling around lorries.

Rose said, "I'm looking to explore specific data with regards to cyclists and Large Goods Vehicles, although the data I obtain will provide broader information as well."

The survey is only open until 6 April 2010, so please tell every cyclist you know to take part, even if they are occasional cyclists.

Rose said, "My target audience is, obviously, cyclists, but I do not want to be too specific about the groups of people I am interested in because people might self-exclude themselves, and I do not want that to happen."

The survey is not long, or complicated and does not require any personal details.

Thanks

Short Survey

Keep calm...

There's always the comfort of....

http://www.dutchonbikes.com/wp-content/themes/snapshot/thumb.php?src=http://www.dutchonbikes.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/Cheese-bike1.jpg&h=396&w=690&zc=1&q=90

...need I say it ?

CHEESE ...

I mean who's ever heard of a "cheese delivery bike" in a fatal accident ?

No, never.

Far to much respect is held for them ( so very safe by default )

W**F

* dons "edam " biking helmet"