Saturday lunch

SteveT

Dropped in to Franklins which was packed and with very little room between tables it felt too cramped,

moved on and went in to eat at gourmet burgers which was very quick, good value, and the bacon and avocardo burger was so large as to need two hands to subdue it. Twenty five quid for two including tip a portion of chips and drinks made it feel like a bargain.

Last week we went to eat at the Palmerston, first time for me although my daughter had been in before. I had Lamb which was succulent melt in the mouth stuff and followed by their apple pie, this was the best I've had as it appeared to be like a thin crispy pancake with delicious apple slices over the top, it took near two hours from start to finish including both courses and drinks but it is not the kind of food you want to hurry and not the ideal place for young children to sit still for so long either.

The back room is the place to be as it is quieter than the family driven front, overall if you are a gourmet then it's the place to go and indulge yourself once in a while, for an occasion as it worked out a little over thirty quid per head which in these days of 'crappy pound syndrome' was well worth it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• A quick Google found this, amongst other things: "Social impact models are frameworks or approaches that guide how organizations or initiatives address social or environmental problems."
    • "If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck then it must be a duck" comes to mind Unfortunately, a large number of cyclists do exhibit selfish amd anti social behaviour which, regardless of how many good cyclists there are, is seen as the norm.  It's a bit like one car driver jumping a red light and all car drivers getting tarred by the same brush. Perception is the issue and if cyclists all obeyed the rules, everyone would be less anti them but unfortunately that isn't the case 🤔
    • Crikey. How did you know it was Immigration Enforcement? 
    • Saying cyclists are the most antisocial people in London isn't helpful.  Nor is the Standard referring to cyclists as lycra clad louts  Yes we can have an adult conversation.  But emotive knee jerk nonsense is not going to achieve this and just plays into the hands of those wanting a manufactured culture war 
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In