Classic red Mini stolen from Camberwell Grove

tasty_snacks

Ever since I started driving/walking along Camberwell Grove some 6 years ago, I've always noticed and admired a classic 1960s Mk 1 maroon Mini that was usually parked about 2/3 of the way down the hill on Camberwell Grove. It really was a fine example and was completely original; externally at least. I hadn't seen it in a while, and has assumed that it had been sold or worse, was subject to probate.

However flicking through a classic mag this evening I spotted a picture of it- apparently it was stolen sometime over Christmas. It's a crying shame that such a wonderful little thing has been taken from it's owner. As anyone who has owned and lost a classic car will tell you, the insurance payment covers the nuts and bolts but never the sentimentality.

Just thought I'd share as like me, you may have been wondering what happened to it! The article states that if anyone has any info as to its whereabouts they should contact the owner, Dr. Spoto, on 07881 622032 (as it's already in the public domain I don't think there's any harm in sharing the number).