Labour "Action Team" East Dulwich Village Ward - (Lounged)

m7post

You're an angry man, Martin. But you do rather undermine your arguments when you claim that "The character building could have been sold for conversion raising easily enough to build any new hospital for cash". I have no idea what sum could have been raised from selling the previous building but I really doubt it would even have come close to paying for a state of the art flagship hospital. Just a thought.

Personally I think anyone starting a thread on a public forum, to complain about public services, and uses the phrase " as a party you have some nerve even showing up at this end of the ward," does undermine any point

The party may well have a nerver, but addressing the party "directly" on a public forum is more whining than dealing with the problem and displays some of the worst characteristics of anonymous internet forums/blogs

I'm not debating whether the OP has a point or not - I don't know enough of the background promises or the current plans. To be honest I would love to see something useful done with that site. But launching a slightly incoherent rant on here, employing specious arguments on cost, and addressed to people who may not even look at the site, seems rather pointless. And I suspect that, if it had been written as a letter, it might have been written in green ink and capitals.

Martin, you're in danger of side-tracking your own thread now. Even a one-eyed monkey can tell the difference between a reasoned, cogent argument and an incoherent rant. It's not necessary to know the underlying facts to assess the persuasive merits of a written argument. I am not doubting that you feel strongly about the issue, nor am I attempting to debate whether you're right or wrong. I'm merely pointing out that by posting in the manner above in response to receiving a leaflet on a wholly unrelated matter you risk not being taken seriously, by coming across as...well...a teensy bit mad.

Martin, stay on script.....there are many people on this forum obsessed with process and where something should be. East Dulwich has an epidemic of OCD. Get on message Martin....the merits of your case are the debate. My penny's worth is, you're probably right, but need to keep those Tories out!

• Administrator
Moved to the Lounge as it is a more a political debate than about specific ED issues. I will be keeping an eye on these types of posts in the run up to the election as I do not want the forum (especially the ED Issues section) used for electioneering however I understand that The Chair will be holding political debates in The Drawing Room.