When do you think middle age begins?

wjfox

People are living a lot longer, 60 used to be old. My dad is 70 this year, and I still don't think he seems old, as my job involves seeing lots of people in their 80s & 90s, a lot of whom are still quite active.

As a result of all this, the whole middle age thing is a bit confusing. I'm about the same age as you, and I don't think I'd call myself "young" anymore, but I certainly don't see myself as middle aged, as I don't think that really kicks in til you're about 50.

My middle age began at 42 when my first kid was born. 30 year olds really shouldn't worry about middleage I much preferred my 30s to my 20s - still in good nick, more confident, more dosh..your 30s are great. Enjoy.

When do you think middle age begins? sooner than you think, and it ends during mid to late fifties,

after that when you hit the 60's you are old and achey and travel is a burden, and sleeping in your own bed at night becomes important.

You cannot stray more than 250 yards from a flush toilet and everyone you ever knew has moved away or died.

Do not worry most of you will not see it as the big blue flash will remove all hardships.

By mid sixties one becomes depressed at the miserable outlook of the inevitable future, as what future you once had is positively behind you.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Moving to Surrey is probably high up in the list

> of what middleaged people do.

I prefer to think that it will come the day I stop skateboarding regardless of which county I live in.

But who knows. It?s all fields around there anyway. No concrete in sight.