The 'Muggers' thread

BelowtheBelt

My wife has advised me that there is a drugged up white couple that she has seen trying to attempt to pick-pockett people as they wait to get on the bus inPeckham on her way back from work, but that's all I know of thus far ?

For all of your info, these two are a scraggley couple and very skinny, wearing tatty old clothes and baggy jackets ( sorry, vague, I know, but that's about all she has ).

' looks like you answered your own question just a few moments after you asked it...suggest you carry on chatting with yourself on this one... '

ha, yes I am doing a good job of doing this tonight, eh ?! Oh well ... where did that bottle Vodka hit the ground ???

Yes, Mic Mac, but tonight I am somewhat plastered, as you can probably tell from the constant stream of mispelt/mistyped words I can typing - well, it either this lappy keyboard I am not used to or my fingers which have been affected by copious amounts of Vodka this evening not keeping up with my brain's though processes ?:-$

This all means that I feel little inhibition tonight ... and I hail from a less than privelleged background and grew up within the very community of which I speak - and it hurts me deeply to see how badly it has all deteriorated over the last twenty years !

Muggers are shits whatever colour. If you checked out somewhere like Newcastle most muggers would be white.

What difference does it make? All muggers are working class but no one points that out, so what?s your point?

In reality young black males are more likely to be attacked than anyone else.

I see a troll here.

'Sorry to state the obvious here, and not wishing to make too much of a racially-biased atement, but all of the reporst I have largely read on this forum of late related to tax fraud and expense claims all have one thing in common : the perpertrators are all old white men that I have read about !

This is really worrying and getting seriously concerning ??'

Though to be fair, Keef, most people will accept Lawrence's statement and not bat an eyelid, even though it is as racially loaded as the OP's original point. Likewise, the mugging question turned to 'black males' and everyone got concerned at the racial aspects of that, but not the sexist aspect (even though there has been a few reports of female muggers in the area).

Conclusion: people are all sexist/racist/insert your own term here. They just think their brand is acceptable.

wow - maybe by everyone pointing out that the original comment is a bit racist, is also a bit racist? If we dont make a big deal that apparently most muggers are young black males and just state facts (for example I have not heard recently of a young white male mugging someone in the area) then it wouldn't be racist. or sexist or ageist for that matter. From my point of view not all young black males are muggers and neither is all muggers working class (Chick).

In answer to you original (pointless) question, Peckham (Rye) is a predominantly black poor area living next to a predominantly white richer area and therefore the law of averages means that muggers would be move likely to be black than to be white. But somewhere were the tables are turned the muggers would more likely to be white.

Stop thinking to hard, stop going too deep in to things. When are we going to get to the stage where all the paper says in 'mugger' and we dont care what sex, age, race, class, shoe size, bra size they are!

OK...

Bait taken..blah...blah

Interesting question ( should you wish to canvass it around Dagenham )

Q. Is this fish a "Tory"

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/10/images/051007_robot_fish.jpg

A. Who knows ? but as it's blue, more than likely.....!

What's your next subject matter BtB ?

" Should Lesbians be Mothers"

Or

"Is there a man under that Burka"

( I won't hold my breath )

W**F

• Administrator
Due to numerous complaints about the content, and the fact that the poster was drunk in charge of a keyboard and therefore it is assumed s/he was trying to wind people up, this post and its replies have been removed. Apologies to those who had contributed.