Michael Pallywotsitooos

Ladymuck

I may get the dibber out tomorrow. It has been in storage all winter and so will need some some deep cleansing and a jolly good buffing. When in full fettle my dibber is quite the thing.

Many thanks for sharing your seed with me Mucky. I believe many in ED have reason to be similarly grateful. Your generosity in these areas ensures that you have the reputation that you richly deserve.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I may get the dibber out tomorrow. It has been in

> storage all winter and so will need some some deep

> cleansing and a jolly good buffing. When in full

> fettle my dibber is quite the thing.

But how could you let it get in such a state in the first place? I am rather horrified...deep cleansing? A jolly good buffing?

Surely the dirtier the dibber, the greater the coudos? To be worn as a badge of honour? A mark of experience in the world of hole making? In a similar way, in my days in archaeology, experience was shown through the size of one's trowel. My 4 incher was hardly blunted, compared to the size of the one owned by the hardened archaeologist, with his stumpy little tool barely an inch long. Respect!

Swagger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You'll be smirking on the other side of your face

> when those 'seeds' rebel or want to borrow your

> car, Karter.

ROFLMAO, Swagger. We should be leaving that sort of muckiness to Brum and Michael.

Well, we appear to have gone from seeds...to bush...and now weed...

Turning out to be a proper gardener's thread...oh and there was the mention of a Dutch hoe too...and not forgetting the star of the show - Michael Pallywotsitpoo's unclean and unbuffed dibber...

Just back from my allotment, having done half the beds. Two more left to do that are very weedy, but my new hoe has done some sterling work. I have now planted beans, squash, courgettes and broccoli.

I must confess I haven't seen a dibber in quite some time. I just use the handle of my trowel.