Hope and Greenwood..Value

Mick Mac

100 grams of brandy truffles is ?4. You get 8 chocolates.

They have Hester Blooinmarvelous visit their shop and I'm sure its a great attraction for ED.

More importantly - they have changed their midget gem supplier and now have soft ones and not the original hard ones. This dismays me greatly.

I shall withhold my custom until this matter is rectified.

Perhaps James Barber can help on this one - midget gems are a surefire vote winner.

Really Mic Mac..

I mean where else sells "not fags" eh ...?

See... and that joke snap chewing gum that I let my eldest experience 1st hand when he was 5 years old

( I swear the girls were on the verge of calling social services )

Honest he's never forgotten/ forgiven that one

Anyway it's nostalgia you're paying for

And that don't come cheap...

"ding-a-ling"

*shop door closes*

W**F

( oh & in my dream/nightmare/seri-state/ I go to get served & as the girl smiles, her black teeth fall out into a little plastic basket...)

Course I didn't think it was really YOU Mick Mac. But do let us know if you go it alone and set up a rival one.

Like I said before, if they haven't changed the top secret formula for flying saucers or sherbet lemons...I will *likely* manage to sleep tonight.

(Oh, is that the time??) ;-)

Hove actually...

Hove actually has a legendary chocolate shop called "Audreys"

( poop to you H&G, this makes your contrived weirdness seem, well "pedestrian" )

Back in the day you'd walk in there ( door dead centre of the shopfront that pinged as you opened it, plain full length "voile" curtains over the windows & a dead straight counter dead ahead of you. The place was like a set from a Coen Brothers movie, all painted in creamy buttermilk colour ) off the side street with little or no other shops near by.

I never, ever, saw anyone else in there

Anyway "ping" would go the door......

And you'd wait....for a while......& then a little longer....oh, but the smell just caught you

A slightly built woman in a fitted white almost nursie workcoat would appear, wearing whiteish cream gloves, neat dark tied back hair. Unsmiling but with a slightly inquisitive face " Can I help you" as if you were lost.

There started a wonderful ritual of discovery at Audreys. My dad used to buy his mother chocolates from there when he was a child back in the 50's

It's a bit special, make a trip next time you're down there

5 year old marrachelo cherries in liqueur encased in dark chocholate

( shoot me now, it can't get any better )

Trust me

W**F

Ladymuck Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Their liquorice toffees are orgasmalicious...and,

> at ?1.25 a bag, worth every penny.

You can get the same liquorice toffees at Sainsbos for less dosh. Think the bag is bigger too. I find them very addictive.

You're welcome. I am on a constant quest for good liquorice toffees. H&G used to run out alot and sometimes had naff ones in. I also like the aniseed balls. There is a good sweet shop in Columbia Road Market if anyone is going over there. Can't remember the name. And have you seen the website aquarterof?

cate Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

I am on a constant quest for good

> liquorice toffees.

Ha ha...me too! Thorntons' are excellent...but be a bit careful if you have crowns (which if, like me, you enjoy your sweets - you probably will do).