Women blamed for causing earthquakes

????

I am surprised at the females in this country allowing this religion to take hold,

they were certainly vociferous and united in burning bra's to obtain equality during the seventies.

Do you not think this is something of a step backwards?

I remember some member of the SA cabinet blaming many of the countries ills on females wearing miniskirts, this was in the early seventies, an enlightened era.

???? wrote:-The dilemma for lefties not daring to criticise anything multicultural but then having to put up with blatant mysogony/homophobia etc is one that consistently tickles me

That is an interesting point quids, they haven't lost their voice for so many other lesser issues, yet they are speechless on other topics.

I wonder, is it political correctness keeping them quiet?

Brendan Wrote:

Anyway there may be something to that article. I once drove into a shopping trolley when distracted by a lady in a short skirt.

What a coincidence. I was once almost run over by some idiot in car when I was putting my shopping trolley away, one sunny day.......

:))

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> SteveT and quids - how has the obviously bonkers

> story at the start of the thread become some kind

> of "lefties agree with this sort of thing"

They don't agree with it, many just do some uncomfortable shuffling and skirting around the issues in public

How can anyone dignify this with a sensible debate? The story is about a total and utter loon! No one in their right mind agrees with any of it!

Other than the bit about causing youths to go astray. We do that all the time.

*hee hee*

[action thingies inserted just for Ladymuck]

That's cos I'm Western and liberal. We're all products of our upbringing. And mine leads me to scream "LOON!" when I read things like that.

Please don't think I'm ignorant quids, I've studied Islam, Christianity and Judaism for several years and have a working understanding of the Hindu and Sikh religions. But I still think he's a loon, and a very disingenous one at that. Established religions have a proven history of playing on human fears to control a population for political ends. A better example I haven't seen in quite a while. Sex = Earthquake? Well maybe, if you're lucky, but not in the way he thinks.

So I make no apologies for it - he's a loon!

Mick Mac Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Many women dress inappropriately... cause youths

> to go astray, taint their chastity and incite

> extramarital sex in society, which increases

> earthquakes.

>

> I was right with him until the earthquakes bit....

Not so very lunatic LB - right up until the flat-earth earthquake bit, I reckon you've got a fairly standard rape defence from any British law court. Ridiculous maybe, but lunatic, not so much.

As to Quids's point about lefties and awkward silences, I'll come right out and say it (and await the death threats). Purdah is inherently sexist.

And yes, Red Devil, I did hear that there was a minor earthquake at the weekend, epicentre Lordship Lane, when you caused a lady-stampede while popping out for a few cans from Boss Man.

I hear what you say RosieH but I'm sticking with lunatic. In my view only a lunatic would consider it acceptable to use that as a defence to rape. I'm not saying it isn't used, or that it doesn't work. But you're a raving loon if you think it's an acceptable defence of anything. Though we are now rather off topic.

Sorry Mick Mac, is this better:

Girls and the well manicured - 1

Boys - 0

Not that I'm competitive or anything.