Presentable PC?

benjaminty

Hi All,

After my last PC was drowned in a flood I have the opportunity of replacing it with an up to date spec courtesy of the insurers.

The trouble I am having is that they all look bloody awful still compared to Macs. I hate MAC functionality it quite simply does my sweede and cant deal with it.

I've only ever found Hoojum pcs which were good to look at and they were pretty expensive.

Anyone know of a PC you're not embarrassed of keeping in the living room? Or am I wasting my time here?

A MAC, a MAC, a MAC. I have had mine for nearly 7 years, have upgraded memory and RAM - still as stylish and functional as day 1. Never had a virus, never had a crash. If you're a Office / Outlook fan it is possible to get Microsoft for MAC software, tho' MAC e-mail, address book, Safari etc are all better than MS.

Had a look at the Dell Adamo in Waitrose at Canary Wharf. It is very slim and out does the Macbook Air BUT I'm not convinced by the way the hingeing is used to turn part of the upper case into astanding edge.

There are some pretty looking Dell home PCs of small form factor which look like they'd fit alongside some high-end stylised audio kit in the living room, they're not expensive either.

Sony and HP are also offering all-in-one PCs with touchscreens that compete with the larger MACs.

The only issue with all these pretty computers, MACs included, is that if you're after a computer that you don't intend to upgrade and enhance yourself then they'll all be fine, however if you like to upgrade components or add more disk then there's not alot of scope for that. That's when you are driven back to choosing horrendous looking box units.

Am sure you'll find something pretty without an Apple on it. Worse comes to worst you could get a MAC and then install a different OS.