Bad O2 mobile connections ...in ED? (RYE AREA)

andypandy

Help me out here... My wife and I are both on O2. My wife has a serious problem trying to dial in and out. Me a bit - texts are often not going through first time.. It could be the phones. Anyone else getting this problem at the moment? Driving me mad .....

Yes we are south of the Rye......Wife went out to Kings Road all day yesterday without any problems. I'm in West London at work in the day and it's ok... get back home and it's a bit screwy. Tried disabling 3G and it made no difference..... might need to contact o2 to see if there is a problem....

OK -Called O2 and they are saying that there is no problem in that area. I beg to differ. I have checked our mobile and It doesn't seem to be those - SO if you are having a problem please call O2 and report it. The more people that report it then the bigger the priority it will be for O2 to investigate. Call 100 or 202 from your mobile to talk to O2.

I live in the Gardens and have been having the exact same issues. I too rang O2 and was told the same answer sadly. Has been driving me and my girlfriend crazy - We can not call each other or send texts easily. O2 is soooooo rubbish!

I'm on 02 and never have a problem wherever I am in ED

Working in town at lunchtime however it all goes to pot - too many people on their break hammering the network

I think 02 generally, having won the iphone contract initially, has had problems keeping up with the data demands of those users.

Just been speaking to o2 and call failed half way through ! They cannot say there is a problem now

Email sent:

Hi, I phoned your call centre and spoke with Wayne to report major reception issues in the SE15/SE22 areas.

Our call was cut short due to call failure.

Texts can take up to 10 resends and as for making a call, well it's very hit and miss. This has only been an issue for a week but is getting more and more infuriating as my phone is well, useless.

This has been reported by several other o2 users in the area.

All have been told that there are no reception problems but beleive me, there are.

My records will show that I received a call at approx 130pm today from 0161 438 7667 (a very important call, I must add)

which went straight to voicemail although I wasn't on a call.

I have been an o2 Customer for many many years and have never had a complaint.

Please look into this.

Very Best Regards

Anthony Brett

Good news ! Received this this morning

"Good morning Anthony

Thanks for emailing us about your network reception.

Anthony, I've personally checked our online coverage predictor and I

agree that we're going through a network glitch in the postcode 'SE15

3UE'. As online customer service, we have limited access to our systems.

So, I'm sorry but I'm unable to comment on the cause of this issue.

However, the good news is that it's a known issue and our engineers are

working to fix the problem in your area at the earliest.

We recognise this hasn't been a brilliant experience and sincerely

apologise for the obvious distress. I'm glad that you brought this to

our notice. I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your

experience about the network problem with us. I can understand the

difficulty you have to go through because of this. Your comments are

appreciated and we'll take this as an important feedback to possibly

improvise in future. I'm sorry again for all the inconvenience this may

have caused.

We continue to be committed to providing you and all our customers with

the highest standards of service in the industry. We certainly value

your custom and I appreciate your continued patience and understanding

in this matter."