Oooh he's nice - I'll vote for him......I think.

Mick Mac

Apparently women are the most likely to be floating voters and also more likely to have a late change of mind on whom they might vote for.

Hence they are being targeted by all parties.

This election may be won and lost on Mumsnet.....

Disclaimer - This not my view, but the view of the BBC. (So don't shout at me)

I believe women quite rightly don't rush into these decisions. Also they don't necessarily have entrenched political views, hence they are fully entitled to take their time to decide.

Some people think they take longer to understand the issues and then just run out of time, but I don't agree with that, at all.

Oh. Ok then. You probably know best. You're right. I thought I was fine, and just having an interesting chat about politics, but I see now that I was in fact cross and should, as you say, stop. I do need more time to make up my mind. Do tell me, which tv channel should I be watching?

ok the OP was a prompt - it was the bbc's view on the news tonight - do you disagree with this research?

My personal view is that women are (in my experience) less interested in politics than men, possibly because they are less self interested and are primarily less driven by monetary matters than men and are more satisfied by personal and family matters, none of which can be generally influenced by government. They are probably fairer and more accepting, and maybe less demanding of government.

I don't know if I disagree with the research, it's not something I've really thought about. I am not sure I agree that government doesn't affect family matters though - child trust fund? Government funded childcare? State school system/national curriculum? No fault divorce? Child support agency? Maternity rights? Paternity rights? Flexible working legislation?

"monetary matters and are more satisfied by personal and family matters, none of which can be generally influenced by government. They are probably fairer and more accepting, maybe less demanding of government." most women run family budgets/household cash flows. i think women are very motivated, like most people, by issues that affect them.

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Wot legalb said and, Mick, if you'd actuallly

> listened to the piece on the BBC rather than

> rushing on here you'd have heard the conclusion

> was very much as LBs post....blooody men

stop sucking up.....

Mick Mac Wrote:

> My personal view is that women are (in my

> experience) less interested in politics than men,

> possibly because they are less self interested and

> are primarily less driven by monetary matters than

> men and are more satisfied by personal and family

> matters, none of which can be generally influenced

> by government. They are probably fairer and more

> accepting, and maybe less demanding of government.

Gosh Mick Mac - but you'd vote for anyone that ensured a swift return to original formula midget gems? ;)

Katie*$$$$$$$$*1997

eh? you just listed a load of policies.

My point is that men are more greedy. If you read between the lines you would see that. If you want to argue that women are just as greedy and competitive as men then be my guest. Women are more spiritual and family interested, the issues that matter to them are less open to the governance of others.

As for Quids - he is as predicable as ever.

katie1997 Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > My personal view is that women are (in my

> > experience) less interested in politics than

> men,

> > possibly because they are less self interested

> and

> > are primarily less driven by monetary matters

> than

> > men and are more satisfied by personal and

> family

> > matters, none of which can be generally

> influenced

> > by government. They are probably fairer and

> more

> > accepting, and maybe less demanding of

> government.

>

> Gosh Mick Mac - but you'd vote for anyone that

> ensured a swift return to original formula midget

> gems? ;)

>

> Katie*$$$$$$$$*1997

Midget gems and a decent secondary school for my girls to go to, to prepare them for motherhood.

I'm a woman, and yeh it's true - this time I really don't know who to vote for. But are there not men who also don't know who to vote for??

Apart from a Liberal (sic) blip once and voting SNP when I lived in Scotland, I've always voted Labour in general elections. Green and other stuff in local elections.

And now - ????

Well it deffo won't be Tory, but I dislike (edited from hate) Gordon Brown as a person but his policies seem OK, and I was never anti the Iraq war because all very well looking at things with hindsight, and blah blah blah.

OK I've had too much Brown Brothers Dry Muscat.

And I do remember the euphoria when Labour got in after zillions of years of Tory rule.

:-$