saukekraut

bodsier

i know it sounds bizarre but my homemade sauekraut isn't ready and i need it to as i am doing the gaps diet to help my son with food allergies. has anyone got some organic sauekraut ready that i may swap mine as mine wont be ready for 5 days.... does anyone sell home made sauekraut???

Can't help you I'm afraid - but be intrigued to know how easy it is to make as I love the stuff. I do my own pickled onions, red cabbage, chutneys etc but understand with Sauekraut that you have to kind of leave it to rot?

simple

you shred cabbage add salt, put in glass or stainless steel bowl knead till enough water is produced to drown the cabbage, cover with plate leaving 1cm gap around sides, place something heavy on plate so cabbage is is emersed in the water, cover with towel and leave in dark place, for 5-7 days. if not enough water to fully emerse you can add some water to it.

IF ONLY I'D DONE IT A WEEK AGO!

enjoy! i've never had it, cant wait to try it myself. !

Not according to my recipe, but then it acts as a treatment for healing the gut so maybe that's why..... each to their own i guess, sounds pretty foul to me to be honest, just hope my son likes it!

That is why I posted. If you are going to make it then at least spell it correctly so it can be said correctly. It's sauerkraut, (pron. sowerkrowt) not sauekraut or saukekraut as written above. I am feeling pedantic today. Extreme gas will result after eating.

oh please it was a typo, i don't need sympathy, just the cabbage, fermented cabbage.....just cabbage, all i wanted was some cabbage........simple request..... it would be so nice to have some fermented cabbage....oh sorry i guess my sentence is is too long and i have made a grammatical error.....oh and there should be a space after the word typo..... must try harder.