lib dem leafleting

davidh

the lib-dems are paying people to deliver their leaflets. the ones I encountered today were polish. nothing illegal about it, but one of them was being paid ?36 for a seven-hour shift, which is below the very legal indeed minimum wage. perhaps there is simple answer to this. I think we should be told. before my posting is hastily deleted as usual.

do you NEVER ask yourself the question why do you have to start a thread for every question you have

You don't like the lib dems - we get it

But why not post your anti libdem rants on an existing thread about the election? Or ask james barber thread?

Incidentally, how does the ?36 per 7 hour compare with Tory/Labour rates for the same job?

the answer is that the labour party and the tories do NOT pay people to deliver their leaflets as they always have enough volunteers to do it. it is something party members gladly do to help the cause. I hope that clears it up for you sunbeam.

Foooking slimey political sorts make me puke - bet you have a real laugh at your crap attmepts at smeering when you crawl back under the stone at your next Local Tory/Labour meeting. Yuk.

I just find it funny that you are so sure that the Tories and Labour would never do such a thing.

Look, if you are so concerned, there are way to report these matters. In fact, the information is here. Posting on a local forum doesn't help the Polish people who are being allegedly underpaid one bit.

Oh, hang on. You don't actually give a rat's bum about the delivery guys, do you? (slaps forehead)

Did the person you spoke to confirm he was employed directly by the Lib Dems, or is that an assumption based on the contents of the literature? I would have guessed the LDs had contracted with a third party for delivery services who was then employing the people you met - that's the way these things are often done for commercial handout deliveries.

you may be sure that steps will be taken. and, yes, I do give more than a rat's bum for the polish guys, but considerably less for the likes of loz. I believe the paymaster may be a local businessman. I note that no one has yet defended what the lib dems are doing. I look forward to them coming on and explaining everything.

You're not related to a guy named Kevin by any chance?

You won't do anything about the actual bloke who pays these people. You're only 'concerned' because it is politically expedient. You ever thought of running for office? I'm sure you could fake sincerity with the best of them.

davidh Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> and the devastating satire just goes on. but as

> yet no answer to the original question.

I wasn't being satirical. I think you're a slimey twat.

please pay attention, loz. I have already told you that steps are already being taken about the paymaster. I am concerned because what they are doing stinks. I am not related to kevin and I am certainly not with the nasty posh lot I am with the nice posh lot and will place my X next to hattie's name with much pleasure on thursday.

And exactly how many other non-LibDem related leaflet paymasters have you checked out in the past year. My guess - less than one.

And what are these 'steps' - reporting through the HMRC channel or reported to one of Rupert's lapdogs so they can try and make story almost as good as the 'Clegg's Researcher' non-scandal.

Anyway. Go for it. I so hope that it turns out that the ?36 turns out to be net pay and you end up looking more than just a little foolish.

And good luck with Mad Hattie. You do know that, since you are male, she hates you? She's much like Nick Griffin, but with a different target demographic.

Was told while down at a party campaign office on south coast a couple of weeks ago that Tories were paying for leaflet delivery across the constituency. No idea (a) if it is true and (b) if so how widespread or © rates of pay.

I always thought leaflet delivery payments related to the number of leaflets you delivered, not how long it took you so this doesn't make sense. Why would you pay a set amount for a 7 hour 'shift' when any 10 people chosen randomly to do it would deliver a different number of leaflets given age, fitness differences etc..........sunbeam?

So, now we have the answer as to DavidH's 'steps being taken'. Did her report the matter to HMRC? Did her report the matter to some other responsible authority?

No. Never thought he would really. He reported it to the (*gasp of feigned surprise*) local Labour party.

Now we apparently have Labour-marked vehicles running around like the proverbial Keystone Cops and harassing other party's volunteers.

It's this sort of crap that makes me hate party politics of all colours. Why does it attract such a bunch of losers?

So DavidH, what will you be doing for the Polish workers come Friday. Sweet sod all...

loz, stop being such a pillock. my silence since late yesterday is to do with a broadband fault and other things to do. who is "her" by the way? the matter has been reported (and not by me) to the police and to southwark town hall. mass leaflet drops only happen at general election time. please stop being so antagonistic because someone on here dared to point out that the lib dems are not as pure as they would have you believe. they are the dirtiest fighters in any campaign. what is all this about "labour marked" vehicles?

PS I have just read your crap on the sainted barber's thread. I have nothing to do with, or any knowledge of, the incident you appear to be accusing me of.

Loz, I feel you should make a full apology here.

davidh cares deeply - deeply - for the people of Poland; I know for a fact that he fights tirelessly for their leafleting pay rights on a daily basis, throughout the year - and not just when it happens to be Liberal Democrat leaflets and there's a General Election tomorrow.

What a bizarre thread this is. The OP's statement seems to be based on a total lack of evidence and sounds like pure crass conjecture. Were the people you encounted Polish? Were they really paid ?36 an hour? Did you ask where they were from before asking how much they were paid or is it all just made up? Why would they tell you anyway, even if you did meet these people.

As a favour (not as a party member) I've been out delivering some Libdem leaflets in my local streets and I know that James Barber has been out delivering packs of leaflets to other volunteers too. Not saying that nobody else was paid to deliver them (as I wouldn't know and have no evidence one way or the other) but the OPs assertion certainly sounds like a load of rubbish based on what I know.

Interestingly we've hardly had any Tory leaflets at all through the door so they either haven't got many volunteers or have given up on this constituency.