EDF Drinks

georgia

After some discussion on Friday, the drinks (and me) will be taking a break for the summer. Attendance at them isn't what it used to be and I think it might be better to have them every 3 months instead of monthly.

So I propose that the next drinks should be in September. Have a great summer!

Firstly, I?d like to thank Georgia and Michael P for arranging the drinks over the last couple of years. Met some lovely people and been to some terrific pubs I?ve had a great time at them and will sorely miss them.

Though it?s an understandable solution to the falling numbers, quarterly drinks will not be the same. Miss one and that?s half a year before you might meet up with whoever bothers turning up at the next.

I hope it?s not the case but, alas, as far as I can see the Forum Drinks R.I.P.

Seconded. A massive thank you to Georgia and Mike for organising them, I've really enjoyed the couple I've been to.

And if they're being stopped because I ventured out to a couple, I'll go back to my hermit like existence, for the greater good! Only joking, I know it wasn't me...

I've really enjoyed meeting some of you, and hope it isn't Forum Drinks RIP!

you know what, it must be hard for newbies to go to the drinks when it is held in a packed bar, it's hard enough finding your friends that you know in a packed bar, maybe there should be a logo or symbol for people to go to, it is easy for everybody here that knows each other already, georgia has done a grand job though. Quiet bars are easier. Georgia, would you prefer someone else to take over and organise the drinks?

I, too, hope this isn't the death of the Forum Drinks, as they are good fun.

Georgia, I have said it before but I'll say it again. Thank you for all your efforts each month. They haven't gone unnoticed or unappreciated - even though it might (perhaps) feel like that to you.

I notice (via CitizenED's post above) that Michael Pallywotsitoos has also been responsible for organising these events. I wasn't aware of this, and if this is true then my thanks go to you too Mr. P.

Roll on September!

The Barry Barry Road Race on 24 July welcomes all types of sports fans. In fact MP and Georgia are supporters. Come along and run or support. Its a sedate day out, eh no Georgia! The Clockhouse are aware of our arrival this year and will be taking custody of the bears.

Yes the Barry Barry Road Race is a chance for us all to get together again and have one (or two) drinks. It isn't RIP Forum Drinks - as I said it seems that every month is too often. Let's do another in Sept and see how it goes.

Nice one Georgia for sorting them out, sorry I haven't made most of the most recent ones but being away most Friday nights doesn't help.

Without wanting to sound like a marketing w*nker a 'rebrand' might be another option, the forum's so big now The Forum Drinks is a bit too general for people to associate with, a more specific name might be appropriate. How about:

The Georgian Drinks, a get together of Loungers?

The Loungers

The Lounge Drinks

The Open Arms drinks - (maybe too Godly)

The Inner Circle - (members only of course ;-) )

The Drink Appreciation Society

That aside I was also thinking that we could have an impromptu summer get together if the weather's looking fine, we'll all meet down the pub or park one sunny afternoon and evening in June or July.

[edited once]

*bursts out laughing*

Mark Wrote:

---------------------------------------------------

How about:

> The Georgian Drinks, a get together of Loungers?

> The Loungers

> The Lounge Drinks

> The Open Arms drinks - (maybe too Godly)

> The Inner Circle - (members only of course ;-) )

> The Drink Appreciation Society

Oh well it's obvious..."The Inner Circle", of course!

> That aside I was also thinking that we could have

> an impromptu summer get together if the weather's

> looking fine, we'll all meet down the pub or park

> one sunny afternoon and evening in June or July.

Sounds great.

Just to add my thanks for all the drinks the team have arranged in the last 3 years or so. I've not been to one in about a year, for various reasons, mainly the fact that I don't get out as much as I did pre baby, so when I am out on a Friday, it's usually catching up with pals.

Drinks used to be really good, and I agree that a bit of a break could be what is needed before starting afresh.

Besides, anyone who wants them to carry on, could always take the pressure off of Georgia, and sort them out.

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> PS. Who is in the Inner Circle these days?

Fuck knows mate. I haven?t been to one since November.

Tried to make the Gowlette on Friday but the Fates conspired against me.

I?d say anyone who can remember what everyone drinks off the top of their head, ?2 port and lemon, 3 pints of Sussex Premium Dog Todger, a Campari and soda, 2 snakebite and absinth depth charges and a hot Bovril, in accordance with the prophecy, please barkeep.?