Conveyancing question

Paul

Hi

Is it best to use the same conveyancing firm for sale and purchase? I ask because I'm currently using a firm for my sale but their quote for my purchase is quite a lot higher than a few other firms. I suppose my question is would it be a hassle to use a separate firm for the purchase?

Any advice would be appreciated.

P

Although the service/expertise might not be. I would ask the first firm to explain the difference in fees - it may be that they have quoted on the basis that the work would be done by a partner whereas other firms have quoted for a legal exec or junior solicitor to do the work. I'm sure they could suggest a way of bringing costs down if you ask them, but make sure you're comparing apples with apples before just going for the cheaper option - it's not always better.

Thanks. The quotes include all disbursements so I'm fairly confident that it's apples with apples. I did ask the first firm if they could meet the other quote but they said not. I'll double check everything and then probably go with the other firm and save myself ?300!

Would be very unusual for a partner to do the work...... check the disbursements quoted are the same, stamp duty is technically a disbursement but may not have been included on both quotes (and makes a huge difference!)