Issue for Mr Barber, Mitchell, Ms Joy...Resign or defect!

TonyQuinn

Local councillors.....is this why you joined the Liberal Democrats, to prop up a Tory government?

You know, what's going to happen, you guys are going to take a hell of a beating next time! You have a choice....resign or defect.

I'm not a Labour Party member and think the party should certainly go into opposition and I also have never really held any grudges against your party but I guarantee you that the bulk of the votes you got came from left leaning individuals here in East Dulwich. How can you look at these people in the eye again.

Mrs Mitchell and Barber, I spoke to you a couple of months ago and told you both that this scenario would emerge. You both denied it and suggested I was nuts. Shame on you!

Tony

Ironic. The Labour Party - that was voted out by the public - tried to cobble together a coalition with the Lib Dems and the nationalist Parties - just to stay in power.

The Lib Dems did exactly the same, but with one difference, the were successfull.

Mr Brown has resigned. There is a new dawn. Let us all embrace it. ;-)

After lying to us, sending us into an illegal/immoral war, eroding our liberties, arsefucking the economy into the stone-age through their laissez faire approach etc etc... It is only testament to the malevolence of the alternative that the Labour Party even got any votes at all.

The only solace we have with this outcome is that despite the shower who won power a third party has managed to use its position to force some socially redeeming policy through.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> After lying to us, sending us into an

> illegal/immoral war, eroding our liberties,

> arsefucking the economy into the stone-age through

> their laissez faire approach etc etc... It is

> only testament to the malevolence of the

> alternative that the Labour Party even got any

> votes at all.

>

> The only solace we have with this outcome is that

> despite the shower who won power a third party has

> managed to use its position to force some socially

> redeeming policy through.

I disagree with just about all of that Brendan - so I will just copy my post from another thread

There you go - as predicted - Clegg and Cable are just a bunch of blackmailing bedhoppers.....

I have to admit I had grown a little tired of Labour so don't mind Cameron getting in. Need a harder line on immigration and prefer a little less tax and spend. But I think the Conservatives will be deeply aware of their Thatherite legacy and will do a more compassionate job. Brown was brilliant at saving the financial sector and Blair is my favourtite politician, yet the markets will react well to tories getting in. Its about cycles I guess.

Hope Clegg and Cable don't have too much of a role. They worry me.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

> Ironic. The Labour Party - that was voted out by

> the public - tried to cobble together a coalition

> with the Lib Dems and the nationalist Parties -

> just to stay in power.

>

> The Lib Dems did exactly the same, but with one

> difference, the were successfull.

>

>

of course all major parties where prepared to consider a coalition - that doesn't make is 'the same', the difference is about who you are prepared to do a deal with and how much you our prepared to sell out to be 'successfull'

from what simon hughes has said, labour were not keen to sell out at all

Mick Mac Wrote:

> I disagree with just about all of that Brendan -

> so I will just copy my post from another thread

I know and I understand your opinion completely. I just have a different take on things.

Perhaps it has something to do with me being too young (and not even in the country) to practically have experienced real life in the country pre-Labour.

"Sell out" - I presume you mean compromise, acting like adults, that sort of thing.

The old Tribal loyalties are GONE - thankfully. What we need is a little pragmatism to get us out of the economic sh*t asap - if that requires two groups of adults to talk and give a little, take a little and generally give it a go with good grace, then so be it.

Brendan Wrote:

> Mick Mac Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

>

> > I disagree with just about all of that Brendan

> -

> > so I will just copy my post from another thread

>

>

> I know and I understand your opinion completely. I

> just have a different take on things.

>

> Perhaps it has something to do with me being too

> young (and not even in the country) to practically

> have experienced real life in the country

> pre-Labour.

I do think that Labour did a good job overall Brendan.

1) I'm not sure they lied to us more than any other party. The Iraq war was probably immoral but oil is gold and I would imagine it was a strategic war. Not very fair but it is possible that we could have been held to ransome by the middle east in the future if we did not have a foothold there- I think Blair and Bush saw their opportunity and, who knows, our decendents may appreciate it more than us.

2) I'm not sure they eroded our liberties - I don't feel mine have been eroded in the last 13 years. They have had to protect us from a potential terrorist threat from outside the UK. (I do feel my rights were eroded under the Tories as a resident of Northern Ireland at the time, but noone gave a shit - now it seems any erosion of liberties is big news).

3) "arsefucking the economy" - I know a lot of people agree with you but I always felt the sub prime caused the crash, although the consequences were excaserbated by our own banks lending / greed. Noone can deny GB did well to recover the economy.

But overall it was time for a change - I do feel this will be a fairer Tory government than the Thatcher one. The Thatcher one had a job to do as Labour had - in the 1970s - really, really "arsefucked the economy".

I did not vote partly because I could not decide - but I'm ok with the Tories getting in.

"Sell out" - I presume you mean compromise, acting like adults, that sort of thing.

What utter nonsense, yer right massive financial crises, all out on the streets, ED shops dead. What planet are you living on. Brown lived up to his promise, an end to boom and bust , he proved it because the people felt it and they voted with not a boom and bust government like the last 3 cycles but a hung parliment. He ended Boom and Bust in both finanacial terms and Political terms.

Basically the banks profits got it and the rich who feed of them got it too...the people in the street to a large extent got protected, the first time in a very long time.

1.758.000 million tracker mortgages now paying interest at 0%, and owned by 578000 individuals, mostly landlords. This stopped them dumping their properties on the market triggering a house price crash, also allowed them to lower rents considerably from their peaks and still be in profit. And that from massive pressure from government to bring that base rate down. Thats fact mickey Papadopolis, hey make sure you peel that Orange away to reveal Eton Blue.

I want to be honest.....I did not want a debate by the great and the good of what was right or wrong about Labour in government or hear the boring inanities of folks like Woof....there are other threads for that. I want to hear from the powers that be how they feel about their party's embrace of the Tories. Are you happy about this? Are you aware what's in the offing?

I think you need the Drawing Room to keep this on topic, or a Private Message to JB for that Tony Q.

I'd suggest the people you are addressing are a little tired after endless electioneering.

It will be interesting to see the extent of their activity on the Forum, now the election is over though.

To me it's like mixing orange juice and milk, it won't work and we'll all feel sick after consumption. Another election within 1 year, Conservatives with a majority, Lib Dems into meltdown.

I'm amazed how Dogma and principle, so viciously paraded during the run up to an election melt away on one sniff of power.

Eton blue? Chenet Comprehensive green as it happens thank you Jenny - born and raised in the industrial West Midlands and of mining stock.

The economy just went bust with a loud "pop", an economy bloated by debt, based on a boom presided over by the Iron Chancellor for 10 years. He had every opportunity to address the issues in the financial sector, but didnt. Gordon Brown didnt end boom and bust, he presided over the biggest boom and bust since the Great Depression.

He allowed the high street banks and the City banks to become one and the same - before he de-regulated the finance sector there was no need to protect the person in the street from a City crash.

Its amazing that a simple thing as compromise creates such visceral hatred.

Michael Palaeologus Wrote:

>

Gordon Brown didnt

> end boom and bust, he presided over the biggest

> boom and bust since the Great Depression.

>

> He allowed the high street banks and the City

> banks to become one and the same - before he

> de-regulated the finance sector there was no need

> to protect the person in the street from a City

> crash.

US Sub prime, US sub prime, US sub prime, Michael.

That's what caused the UK banks to go bust. Sub Prime was US debt illegally sold on to us. The world picked up their debt and said nothing when it went bad. The world suffered a major recession - you can't hang the world recession on GB/Labour.

The person in the street will most likely profit from its investment in the banks.

I repeat....please the great and good of East Dulwich....bugger off if you're not going to address my question! Boring, like most things end up on these forum...in fact most it's always the same people who spoil it all for everyone.

Address the issue if you want to comment but my question was addressed to the people above.

Brendan Wrote:

> We are talking about the guy who took our money

> and used it to fund the illegal invasion of a

> sovereign state consequently killing untold

> numbers of innocent people?

>

> That Tony Blair right?

I think that was George W Bush actually, but don't let facts get in the wa of bullshit