Man on Peckham Rye

malleymoo

Over the last week Ive realised that there is a man who seems to be sitting or occasionally lying down mid way accross the open arae on Peckham rye common. At first I assumed he was watching football then I thought he was praying but as I drove past today he was there from what seems to be at least 9am and was still there at 7 pm. As far as i can see he only seems to have a white sheet and a Black bag with him. Its a bit odd as he always seems to be in the same location and im beginning to suspect he is living there. As where he is is so exposed and the weather has been so cold ive become worried about this Has anyone else noticed and if so is he ok ? I wanted to approach him today to check if he needs help but was a bit cowardly in case ive got the wrong end of the stick?

Hi yes I saw him with a red bag at first initially i thoght it was a teams football kit it was only after the football finished that i realised that it was someone sleeping but as that was the first time I saw him I dint think too much of it. thanks for Info about St Mungos will give it a go as it seems such an odd location ( ie very exposed) I was worried about mental health issues too.

Hi there. I spoke to the guy on Peckham Rye with the black bag and white blanket last Wednesday I think. Gave him some money and food. He said he had somewhere warm to stay at night - a church refuge although I can't remember the name of it.He'd also seen the council I think to try and get housing sorted. Think he was on the common from fairly early - 8:30 a.m. to after six at night.

Sadly haven't seen him since them.

Hoping he's OK.

Good to have thess phone numbers though - so thank you to those who posted them here. Am gong to plug them into phone in case needed in future.