Unusual names

jaybee82

I was pitching something (well pimping myself out) to some bigwigs at a new infrastructure project a couple of years back. Part of my pitch was a website that had CVs on it. I had asked the guy back at the office to enter the CV of our first applicant on the site as a demonstration. I hadn?t checked it, just linked to it directly from my presentation.

So there I am in the glass walled meeting room, all wood-effect tables and those vertical blinds, you know the sort. I?m strutting my stuff, interfacing, flashing a smile, showing a bit of leg and powerpointing like a good?un. I clicked through to the CV website and after a few more minutes proactive corporate synergy I looked over my shoulder to see that the words MR P MYCOCK were emblazoned across the screen behind me.

I probably could have got away with it too if I hadn?t started to giggle like a schoolgirl.

silverfox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> More unfortunate than unusual, but the Times

> newspaper received a flood of complaints some

> years ago when one of its respected journalists

> covered a story concerning paedophilia. The story

> appeared with his byline - Roger Boyes.

He recently covered another sensitive story - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7065824.ece

I used to deal with a picture agency in Manchester where my contact was Wayne Ankers....

And there is also a chap in Liverpool who owns a studio called Wing Wong.....

Makes me smile every time I have to ring him!