Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• I think insurance scams do happen but I thought there had been a crackdown on them recently. In the past insurance companies seemed to just pay out and everyone's premium goes up to cover it. My partner was a victim a few years ago, she was parking and touched a bumper of the next car. There was no mark and the other driver just waved my partner away. A month later we received a letter claiming there were four people in the other car and two of them were so badly injured they could not work. Our insurer was a rare one that actually fought the case and pretty much on the steps of the court the scammers "dropped hands" and case was closed. i thought at the time that was a good result but I later saw that my insurer had run up a £2000 legal bill and didn't get to ask for costs as there was no court case – we didn't have to pay it but again, it's this sort of thing that pushes all premiums up. And no action was taken against the other party despite them clearly being scammers who were revealed to have done this before and had effectively admitted their own statements were a pack of lies. Sorry to hijack your thread, just getting this off my chest as your post brought it all flooding back!  
    • Can't help you with the introduction to Joey, but just a random word of thanks to you @Herbie Russell Southwark News! Your name is on a lot of the Southwark News articles that get posted on here. There's no local democracy or local community without local media, so thank you for what you do! 👍   
    • Our child is in their last term at Goose Green, and after 7 wonderful years we are very sad to be leaving such a wonderful school and it’s special community. Being 2 form entry, It’s one of the smaller schools in the area and it’s also very diverse with an amazing spirit. Brilliant Art and Music departments, staff and a new library. 
    • Send me your address and I’ll attend tomorrow.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In