THANKS EDF

giggirl

For as long as I?ve been signed up to the EDF there's always been at least one thread on the go in the lounge debating its shortcomings. So I just wanted to say that, whatever room for improvement there may be, the forum has enriched my life immeasurably. Sometimes I?m too busy to post or even worse ? like now ? too busy to lurk. But I have made treasured friends that I wouldn?t have made if the forum didn?t exist, and, amongst other things, that?s given me a real sense of community.

I have new friends who are part of my day-to-day life now. I haven?t known them for long but they?re on my doorstep so I see them all the time and that cements a relationship very quickly. Conversely I have close friends scattered all over the globe and I?m fearful of losing those friendships through lack of regular contact. I hope not, but who knows?

I have people smile at me in the Post Office and I figure it might be someone I?ve met at something so I smile back. Whatever ? it makes my world a better place.

I have a poker group! Yea! I always wanted to play poker and now I do. I am beyond bad at poker. But I try. Thanks to the EDF I?ve stumbled upon a group of people who don?t mind too much that I can never seem to remember what the blinds are or where the bidding is at. I don?t mind loosing and they don?t mind taking my money. I?m getting better so they best watch out.

Very occasionally I feel overwhelmingly lonely and isolated. Once upon a time I would have thought this freakish. Now I just think it?s a normal human condition. I have friends all over the place but you really can?t beat having the phone number of someone who can meet you at Green & Blue within 20 minutes (give or take). That really is priceless.

Most of my ?forum friends? are not regular posters so don?t assume that the lounge is the beating heart of the forum ? it isn?t. It?s sad that the attendance at the drinks is so low now. I?ve been to two drinks in two years so I?m guilty of indifference too but I honestly think that we should all make a supreme effort to go to the next drinks.

The forum, just like most other things in life, is what you make of it. I?m not knocking Daizie?s ?What?s Happened to the EDF? thread ? it?s a really vibrant thread and I?ve enjoyed reading it. I didn?t want to add to it though. I started a new thread instead because I felt very strongly that I wanted to say thank you.

To my knowledge I?ve never met the forum?s founding father but I?m very touched that someone I?ve never met has impacted my life in such a positive way. Whoever you are ? thank you.

Pxxx

yes giggirl... I think to forum is brilliant, of course it will go through phases and changes,

but imagine something that never changed... how dull would that be???

It is a great asset to the area for manny, many reasons...

http://odadeo.com/images/big-thank-you.png admin/chair and everyone else who 'makes it happen'

Great post giggirl and I really enjoyed meeting you and BellendenBelle that fabulous afternoon and hope I will meet you both again. I am not really a 'joiner' although I do make intentions and then never keep them. But I have met several EDFers over the years either one to one in the pub or cafe when we realise we have something in common (eg Marmora Man and LostThePlot), and buying or selling things (usually buying) like the fabulous bread machine for ?10, the FREE DVD player, and the motorcycle bag at an astounding bargain from kford just the other day. I love this forum too.

Hope to see you again giggirl, and maybe I'll go to the next forum drinks. Maybe!

jimmy two times Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks for Fcuk all EDF. The Kuntz cut my gas off

> the other day.......hang on......we are talking

> about the same EDF aint we?

Oh welcome back Hatchet Boy!! (Football Focus thread readers will understand this!). Lovely to see you back on form.:)).