"Lost" finale

Smiler

Any other fans of "Lost" in ED? If so, views on the finale?

Enjoyed the finale, love a bit of romance / happy endings / OTT sentimentality, but lost the plot with the plot some way back.

Am confused. With the conclusion of the parallel world thing, were they saying that they had all been dead all along, for part of the time (e.g. since that big bomb when Juliet got squished) or from the times when they had each died?

** Spoilers, Bonniebird - so look away now! **

As far as I can work out, the island was real. The exchange between Hurley and Linus at the end ("You were a great number two" - "You were a great number one") suggested to me that life on the island went on. The series was therefore Jack's life on the island, so when he died, the series ended.

The parallel storyline that popped up over the last two seasons was, on the other hand, some sort of limbo. The 'there is no now' comment meant that their deaths in real life bore no resemblance to the time in limboville. Desmond was some sort of angel character who's job it was to get everyone to realise they'd popped their clogs and assemble everyone at the church.

And I can't believe I didn't notice the 'Christian Shepherd' reference at any time over the six years!

I agree, Loz - Island was definitely real and Ben and Hurley were the caretakers, then when Jack died, everybody had been waiting for him so they could all 'move on' together. The 'flash sideways' was a kind of purgatory.... but it was so good seeing them all remember what they meant to each other. They all lived their lives and died at different times - just waiting for Jack to join them.

I thought it was a pretty good ending. Still have a few unanswered questions though!!!

Why were you disappointed Simon?

Thanks guys.

The flash sideways was odd, 'cos for some characters (e.g. Kate, Claire) it continued from the flashbacks and their journey on the plane, whereas others (e.g. Sawyer, Ben, Locke) had totally different lives.

Will miss it!