Help re filiing Companies House online form

veryltdcompany

Please could anyone tell me if there is an internet cafe or Kinkos-type place from which you have managed to submit an online Companies House form?

I need to file accounts for a dormant company with Companies House by midnight tomorrow. But when I try using my mac to do this the site will not accept the form. It lets me get all the way through to the end and then up pops the message: "An error occurred during the submit process. Cannot process content of type text/html charset = UTF - 8." I am using the version of the Adobe software recommended by the Co House site itself.

If I don't succeed in filing the form by the end of tomorrow. the bank holiday, I will have a huge fine imposed. I actually went into the Co House office in Holborn on the 17 May to file the form to make sure I got it right and filled it out there but they then rejected it and informed me on Friday by post. They have rejected it on the grounds that I used the wrong form. But the form was given to me by one of the counter staff at their office after I had explained to him what it was for and then it was accepted by him to be submitted.

I am beginning to think that Companies House may not be very interested in setting up the system so that people can file on time, and wondering if the huge penalties that they charge if you are even a day late have anything to do with this.

I would be really very grateful to hear from anyone who has managed to file a DCA form online and can get round the error message problem or knows of anywhere in London open today or tomorrow that has a pc set up that would allow me to do this.

The error message suggests you're using a unicode character somewhere in the form - a symbol or an international letter such as ? or ? or a non-standard typeface. Or the web server you're submitting the form to isn't configured properly.

If you have any special symbols in the form, try taking them out and resubmiting the form. If there are no special characters, maybe try using a different browser if you can. I've used the web filing service at Companies House and filed Adobe Acrobat forms with no problems in the past, but using a Windows based OS

Haven't succeeded in filing DCA online despite trying various PCs and Macs. Can file another form but not the DCA one.

Thankfully have now seen can be delivered in person - had taken an experienced person's word that you can't deliver by hand to them out of hours. Serves me right should have checked everything myself so ta very much for panic-quashing response.