SATC ii - a load of old pants but so what

giggirl

I haven't read any reviews for SATC ii but I've heard they're terrible. Most of the clothes I've seen look like a drag queen's rejects too. It all looks so wrong. I'm still going though (Beckenham Odeon Saturday Night - I know how to live). Any ED girls already been there and done that? Any thoughts? Let the dissing begin.

hi giggirl - haven't been yet. A friend went to the premiere last week, said it was good seeing the cast etc but that the plot was really shaky to begin with, she loved the outfits and the humour though....hmmmmm......i'm still going to go along so I can diss it for myself tho.....

i am going to agree with above posts, saw it monday and it's just fun to watch the characters for a couple of hours. i have to say i thought the whole middle eastern bit was a complete waste of time but it was interesting to see marriage and kids being discussed... so apart from NY missing somewhat it's a great slice of indulgent fun.

ruffers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> What's SATCii ?

It's the second Saudi Arabian Transvestite Convention. Three sexually-unidentifiable pensioners and a horse wear lots of designer clothes.

Sue Wrote:

> Not going since I read the reviews, loved the

> series, don't want my memories trashed :))

I'm with you Sue. I have watched the series a few times on tv, the movie versions don't often match up, I amagine its all glitz.

SJP is a woman who is not ageing well. Her bones are showing and it's not attractive. She needs to put on a little weight but I suspect she's naturally skinny so might not be able to. I've never found her beautiful but often striking and in a certain light (or airbrushing?) she still looks very striking.

I love the fact that a (gasp!) non-beautiful woman heads up a series about stylish women, and even more the fact that even though they're all (gasp! gasp!!) over 40 they are still on the big screen.

Film does look like a load of tosh, of course.

I think big noses are fabulous and lend character so if I had a big one I would ignore the "rules" and wear a middle parting with pride.

Barbra Streissand

Rossy de Palma

Princess Dianna

Uma Thurman

Hasn't done them any harm has it (well Dianna is dead, obviously, but not because of her big nose)? If a side parting suits you WoD then leave it as it is but if some prat gave you a complex about your nose in the distant past then go and get yourself a re-style and more power to you.

womanofdulwich Wrote:

> It is the nose/parting thing that gets me- having

> been told for 40 years through various womens

> magazines(Jackie onwards) that you should detract

> from a large nose by not having a middle parting,

> it really grates on me.

> ( I have had a side parting for 40 years!!!)

--------------------------------------------------------------

And...

.. the nose ?

W**F

I too wear a splendid conk, and (when I remember) a side parting, although not (at least consciously) because of the schnozz.

I remember reading in Jackie that you should manicure your hands every day (for 5 minutes) in case a boy wanted to kiss your hand, and you ruined your chance of being thought a nice girl by showing him your raggy nails. Snigger..

Moos Wrote:

> I remember reading in Jackie that you should

> manicure your hands every day (for 5 minutes) in

> case a boy wanted to kiss your hand, and you

> ruined your chance of being thought a nice girl by

> showing him your raggy nails. Snigger..

I remember taking a quiz in Jackie, one of those multiple choice affairs. It basically said that if your favourite meal was spag bol (among probably a choice of a Vesta curry, beans on toast or steak diane) that you were a slut. And so it came to pass, that at just 9 years old...

I too have a nose, and I wear my hair any way I damn well please.