Is it wrong to sell a 'big' bday present I have never worn??

sazzle

I got this from some colleagues for a big '0' bday 3 years ago and have never worn it.

Its not my cup of tea, bit dainty for me, but at the time i thought it was more the thought that counts and decided not to take it back.

I have never worn it so am thinking about selling it to get something i might wear, is that morally acceptable?

Where is the best place to sell stuff like this ebay?

Saz

sell sell sell! Lets face it Tiffany jewellery is gash! Be thankful you didnt get a heart and arrow necklace as you'd probably get naff all for it now.

ebay is full of moody tiffany gear so you still may not get a pretty penny (to the point that tiffany took ebay to court a few years back).

Don't suppose you have a receipt?

Quite a few of them have now left work, i guess they mjight be sad but they would probably also be sad to know it was gathering dust in a drawer and will never be worn...

Thanks MrsMc, yes i did plan to buy some jewellery i would wear instead.

it may help with ebay but worth trying it on with Tiffany - you have nothing to lose... apart from a 180 knicker that is.

A lot of exclusive goods sellers tend to take a photo of the receipt and put that on ebay to prove authenticity.

good luck!

P.S. Why does the blue bag mean so much with women when the reality is a piece of overpriced bad jewellery? or should Tiffany gear be called jewllery?

Well, I'm an utter peasant when it comes to certain possessions (they just don't interest me). However, - somewhat perversely, friends (and one member of my family) very generously insist on buying me ludicrously expensive gifts such as Royal Doulton place mats, a Swarovski snowman, a gold bracelet, sapphire earings, Mont Blanc fountain pen, a pearl necklace, luxury lingerie...you name it. I keep suggesting to them that they not bother I have no use for such items and that, if anything, I would much rather have a box of (Hotel Chocolat - no less) choccies - or if they really want to spoil me - a Manchester United T-shirt. But they take no notice, so I do end up selling the stuff and spending the resultant cash on ballet tickets or down the pub.

So, I say FLOG and buy/do something useful (to you) with the dosh!

Anyone interested in buying some pearls?:))

You could try an exchange at Tiffany without the receipt. There might not be anything you'd want to exchange it for though.

Got any christenings coming up - they do a nice line in silver rattles... Then you can spend the money you would have spent on baby gift on something from Crazy Pig.

PeckhamRose Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> So what's it actually like being fifty three?

You don't get a seat on the bus but you don't really want it anyway because of the piles.

I'd rather be Silver Rattles to be honest.

peckham rose u know me better than that!

Its sat in the drawer for 3 years. Most of my colleagues have been made redundant since then. . . The idea was to sell it and buy another piece of jewellery to replace it. majority of people seem to think ivs ok to sell so i might look into it.

Thanks for all your opinions :-) x

I think the statute of limitations is up after 3 years. Sell it and don't feel guilty. Telling your colleagues (the ones you still keep in contact with) may make you feel better but may make them feel sad - why would you want them to feel sad?

Sell and get yourself something nice - sadly I feel that the best bit about Tiffany's nowadays is the box (and I've never had one OH!) but I got my OH a lovely fountain pen and pencil set there and my daughters both have engraved rattles and baby hairbrushes? (I know - we're chav!). It's the stuff with 'I'm from Tiffany's' stamped on it that I loathe.

I think it's fine - often people actually include receipts saying if you don't like it, change it - so what you're doing isn't far different to that. Much better to get something you'll actually wear otherwise it was a waste.

I agree sell - I feel far more guilty thinking that something is sitting unused in a cupboard.

We recently had a bit of a conundrum about an unwanted gift . . . . . we were bought a silver photo frame and clock as an engagement present by Mr JB's dad and stepmother. they are not really our style and have sat in their boxes for the past 6 months. Now Mr JB's mother is getting remarried soon and Mr JB thought it would be a good idea to give her the frame and the clock as a wedding present!!

It took a lot of persuasion on my part to explain that she may be a bit put out if she knew her gift was not only second hand but also from her ex husband!!