Careers

MsDulwich

What jobs do people in Dulwich do? Are the people in Dulwich mainly in the creative field?

Does anyone ever fancy a change of career, if so what would you do, or would you be more fulfilled by doing Volunteer work abroad?...Curious

What jobs do people in Dulwich do? Are the people in Dulwich mainly in the creative field?

Does anyone ever fancy a change of career, if so what would you do, or would you be more fulfilled by doing Volunteer work abroad?...Curious

I work in a bank - but please don't tell anyone. Is that creative? I guess it depends on the department. ;-):-)

Am bored out of my mind and am looking for a career change or at least a new job (as are all my colleagues). I am living abroad (in London).

Volunteering never crossed my mind - am sceptical of established charities and haven't really found anything that would make me want to dedicate time and money on a regular basis.

Strange combination of questions, Ms. What about you?

Jah Lush Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Aaah... but I've read your file Narnia. The

> Chronicles Of Narnia by C.S. Lewis and very

> popular reading it was too. Do you have any

> experience of bank robbery? Or is all just a pipe

> dream?

Well, I've been known to make my way into a wardrobe......and get lost. So, much as I might like a bank, I wouldn't trust myself to get out. Pipe dream it is.

My current job is in community safety, has it's ups and downs, like the contact with people...

I am a serial volunteerer! My last and favourite was in a food project, FareShare-redistributing fresh and tinned food, donated by supermarkets, to needy projects, very satisfying...

The last forty years I have spent in business, the first 12 years as a partner in retail outlets.

I then started my own thing in the medical industry which I still do but on a greatly reduced level.

Along the way have helped a few people start up in business and feel that I was always better at starting businesses than

running them long term.

I also have a partnership in a metal company run completely by my partner and his wife, and an interest in a powder

coatings company.

My greatest commercial disaster was in the mid 90's starting an internet company with the wrong man, whilst being computer illiterate, and I still am to this day.

My job is dull dull dull but I always wanted to be a bank robber. Not your smash and grab type robber who shoots people or hits them on the head, but someone with a really clever plan who cleans up and gets away with it. Good news that there are so many wannabe bankers in ED because I'm going to need someone on the inside. All you bankers, please PM me the plans of your vaults, I'm eager to get on with it.

This evening I'm mostly drinking red wine and lusting after this:

http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/95248

I would lay-low between jobs so I'd have time for some volunteering then.

That's the plan.

Sweet giggirl,

I am wearing that dress right now! I had to wear a slip underneath it this morning as the badly finished acrylic fabric causes the most frightful chaffing. I shall be tossing it in the bin before bed time.

I am a momshell (naturellement) and career mother. I have a fabulous job in PR and my darling man is a complete banker. We are literally tripping over great stacks of cash piled up and lying all around our home (sigh).