England v Slovenia - What is your office/school doing?

Mick Mac

Have to say we are very lucky as there are two alternatives for me - Watch it in the office with free beers supplied or alternatively one of the bosses has booked a spot in a local pub for us to watch it there.

I guess World Cup games during working hours are very rare - but nevertheless - quite generous I think.

Obviously I have to pretend to be supporting England, otherwise I'm back at my desk pdq....;-)

My school? Well if Salesian College hasn't changed since I was there, then it'll be Mass.

Jesus, they loved a good Mass so they did.

Then it'll be straight back to education, let loose at 3:30 PM, buy a couple of 'singles' from the papershop and smoke them on the top deck on the way home.

And damn the conductor's (bus, not orchestra) eyes if he so much as gives me a sideways glance.

Coxy blackguard.

Why d'you ask?

OMG thats so funny HonloochieB.

Mick Mac, I am ever so sorry I don't know what my school is doing either. I doubt that they have registered there is a football match on tomorrow so likely it will be 'business as usual' ;-)

On a serious note, great that you have both options. If you aren't bothered about supporting England to win, why not just stay in the office and take advantage of the free beer to help see through the afternoon. Only go to the pub fyou like the person who has arranged it and you are prepared to feign joy when England score...

My building is turning the trading room into a "viewing room". They weren't going to do anything but one of the senior PAs intervened and organised it off her own bat (God bless her and I'll contribute highly to her leaving collection). There's a budget of half a cider and 3.5 Doritos each. I'm extremely impressed by this activity because I work for the tightest bunch of cunts who ever drew breath.

The school reference was meant for those with school children - apparently a lot of heads are not doing anything to allow the children to see the game, so the children will miss at least part of the game - which I think will be very disappointing for some of them.

Officially, we aren't doing anything. But as most of the partners are away, we have beers in the fridge and about 4 TVs ("for the news") I venture to think the office will be quite relaxed come 3pm.

Keef - standard practice in organisations who mistrust their employees who are going to 'work at home' mean spirited maybe but personally I clear th decks for England games by taking holiday if they're in the daytime.

I've booked the boardroom (with a big screen) for a 2 hour 'meeting' from 3pm. It has a big screen in there and I'm taking in a portable aerial in case the internet streaming goes down. It's an open meeting so anyone's free to come and go and we'll be discussing stuff, especially pressing international issues.

My daughter's teacher at Dulwich Hamlet has asked the Head if they can watch the match in the school hall. He is doing it for the kids' sake, of course. Hope they let them stay until half time if they want to then dash home for the second half.

We?ve got a bar in the office. If there is any sport on they always have it on the big screen. It is always open for employees to watch, eat, drink etc at their own discretion. So long as you?re sensible. I?ve never seen or heard of anyone abusing it in the 7 years I?ve been here. It will probably be quite busy this afternoon.

I think there will be a mass exodus after lunchtime to nearby pubs as a lot of the team arrived very, very, early today (apparently).

Working from home as no meetings today so I will (hopefully) enjoy a quiet cycle ride later on after the game has kicked off.

Good luck England!

???? Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Keef - standard practice in organisations who

> mistrust their employees who are going to 'work at

> home' mean spirited maybe but personally I clear

> th decks for England games by taking holiday if

> they're in the daytime.

Not in this case. It's not a meeting, as in sitting in a meeting room, it's me and a couple of others having to prepare for a ministers visit tomorrow morning, and the others seem completely oblivious to the fact there is a world cup happening.

To be fair, they let me get away with absolute murder most of the time, and have been good to me, so can't really moan, it's just a bugger that this minister is coming tomorrow morning.

Basically, it's all the Tories' fault.