The Inspector Lynley Mysteries...

HonaloochieB

Just half-watched it for the first and last time.

Is this what I pay my licence fee for?

Well obviously not entirely, but sufficient to keep this apparent tripe on my colour television.

Don't know who the actor who played Lynley was and I attach no blame to him personally.

But Lynley came across as an ineffectual, prissy-arsed tosser, whose 'personal problems' came across as being as serious as just missing a bus and having to wait two minutes for the next one.

It's the new coalition government's fault I reckon, but the Tories are more to blame. Obviously.

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Unfortunately that?s only funny if you?re South

> African.

Not nicissirily, Brin, I fill about larfing, pil.

Funniest thing I seen since Eugene Terre-Blanche tried to tell off Nick Broomfield that time.

Norly pessed myself I did.

I got it.

And I watched the last half last night, like others of you watched Inspector Linley and realised I was at Youth Theatre with Nat Parker's wife. I remember going to a party at her house when I was about 19 and her parents are well loaded and lived in a massive hise orf Spencer Park. I got well drunk and threw up all over the place.

Peckham Finishing School - I turned on just as the white scary looking one seemed to be the last to tell her heavy story to everyone. Then later she had a go at one of the posh girls for saying she had drawn the short straw for ending up with the scary one. It would seem the posh girls can do no right and the Peckham girls are all blameless victims being dissed.

I find that Poirot and Captain Hastings are altogether more agreeable characters to watch. And hats off to Miss Lemon and those glorious 1930s pastiche sets.

Miss Marple wins if you enjoy pretty, quintessentially English village settings although why the residents of St. Mary Mead haven't seemed disgruntled about decreasing house values what with it being a 'murder' hotspot and all, I cannot say.