-------------------------------------------------------

> Thousands going down in their Audi Quatros to stay

> in their air conditioned teppees....

>

>

> ...this was more like it

>

> Aciieeed

argh, that party looks jokes, so gutted I was only 5 in the mid nineties and missed all that, all the raves get locked off by the police before they've even started now :(

Brendan Wrote:

> Yeah the raves were good but there was no running

> water, the dunny was out back and you had to walk

> 5 miles to school, barefoot in the snow all year

> round.

Did they send all attendants down the mines if they were 14 or above?

Yeah but I bet you didn't turn down the once in a lifetime chance to roadie for The Phenomenal Handclap band, choosing instead to stay in London to install an insurance claims IT system did you?

It's only just sunk in......

MrBen Wrote:

> Gorrilaz 10pm - Lou Reed is supposed to be joining

> them...

Indeed they were and indeed he was, and demonstrated that he is the only man alive who can make Bob Dylan sound tuneful. As for his guitar playing....well he had a capo on to get him in the right key. Perhaps a little knowledge of the right notes might have been more important.

Mind you, Damon, in spite of being a genius was pretty out of tune too as was Bobby Womack. Mick Jones and Paul Simenon dressed up as Sailors would surely make Joe Strummer turn in his grave. Quite interesting seeing what I think was The Fall's Mark E Smith reading the lyrics off a piece of paper. Snoop Dog was by far the most entertaining guest.

Agreed on Lou Reed. The whole set was a bit of a let down I thought. some albums just don't translate I guess.

Of course the texts from on site tell a different story "Gorrilaz were AMAZING" etc but well.... you know...

Reviews suggest they lost big parts of the crowd, but then they were always going to. No question parts of the set looked flat on tv but they just aren't the kind of act to appeal to the crowd who gather in front of pyramid stage on a friday night. I think albarn knew that as people who spoke to him say he was unusually nervous all day

But they were late replacements and they put on a great show i thought

randombloke Wrote:

Mick

> Jones and Paul Simenon dressed up as Sailors would

> surely make Joe Strummer turn in his grave.

That's a little presumptuous RB, I doubt the late Joe Strummer would have been arsed and would have had them round his campfire.

Though perhaps Mick might have given it a swerve so as to avoid his suit getting all smoked up, though I reckon Paul Simonon would have turned up and appreciated Joe spelling his name correctly on the invitation (if of course, invitation there was) and not how it turned out on the credits of The King Of Comedy.

And that Martin Scorcose calls his self a director.