Holiday home / ideas?

*Anna*

My boyfriend and I are looking for an easy, sunny few days / week away from 16th August onwards. Does anyone have a holiday house we could rent? We are very clean people who just want some time to read, sleep, eat and drink a little bit! We don't mind where - as long as you can guarantee perfect weather! ;)

Yes I know its bad timing but that's all work could do.

Any good (not overly expensive) hotels would be great too!

Thanks!

It's been wet, wet, wet in Hungary this spring -- so maybe the hill towns near Eger or the settlements along the "wine road" south of Pecs between Siklos and the Danube, centred on Villany, are not the best bet for the bustle and fun of an early grape harvest at the end of August, with the cellarkeepers selling half-fermented new grape juice, murci, by the pitcher from their doors. Hedge your bets north of Lake Balaton with hot springs, and yes, wine, in the Badacsony region. A hire-car will take from Eger up to the near-mountains of the Felvidek, modern Slovakia -- or from Villany up to Pecs, this year's European capital of culture -- or from the Badacsony hills down to the Balaton shore for swimming and boating. Fares to Budapest are low. Go!