Heads up - Interesting threads in the main section

Keef

I thought I'd start this, as I very rarely bother looking in the General ED issues bit fo the forum, as when I do, there is usually little that interests me.

HOWEVER (and it's a big however), I have missed such gems as the Squatters on Goose Green, and the deleted (very quickly) CPT Quiz thread), so I'd ask you all, if there is a thread worth reading, with the possibility of a good old disagreement, or laugh, can you please point it out here, so I can go and find it, and make my work days that much more interesting.

There is currently a good one about a 25 year old former Dulwich College student who got kicked in by some yoots. That is not funny. Some of the comments on the thread are.

Cheers.

Agreed Quids, there have been a few really cracking rows in that section!

Cheers legalbeagle. That proves the necessity for this thread, I would have totalle ignored that thread, and even now I'm 8 pages late.

Good heavens is that where all the interesting theads are hanging out now? Well thanks for the pointer. There's normally too much righteous indignation in the main section for me to take anything seriously but I'm off to have a gander now.

Pxx

Keef, how very remiss of you not to read the ED section regularly. How can you appreciate the 'Murali - Goodrich Road' thread unless you had seen the original one over there?

Now you have no excuse not to contribute to Ted Max's excellent thread.

daizie Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> No ones ever told me so i suppose no

If I were you (which I am not - granted) I would send Admin a PM asking them why. It's only fair that you should be given the reason(s).

What have you got to lose? They are generally pretty reasonable.

While you are at it, you could ask them about the duration of the ban...it cannot be for life (can it?).

Good luck xx

Yes it can be for life if admin wants. It is admin's forum so admin can ban poeple as admin sees fit.

Note, I have no idea why the bans were put in place, and I think daizie is proper funny (especially when she has ventured in to the family room once or twice), but people need to realise that admin is not employed by some higher power to impose certain rules. Admin set this forum up, and payed for it. Yes people may donate, but that is an individual choice, and a donation, not a sunscription, so if admin decided they didn't like anyone called Keef, and decided to ban me for life, that would be admin's right.

Anyway, about those interesting threads in other sections...

I cannot disagree with anything you have said there Keef.

Of course, it is Admin's forum etc. But my point is that, given that they are a reasonable bunch and they do run the forum very well, I would have thought that they would have no problem furnishing Daizie with a reason. A life ban - which (to me anyway) would suggest a contravention of the Forum's rules of some magnitude - would (in my opinion) render the requirement to give a reason to our very amusing Daizie all the more necessary. But who am I eh?

Anyway...sorry to divert...back to these amusing threads...

There's a great thread now about an appalling attack by a gang of kids on a man in Dulwich.

And yup, someone's mentioned the NS words (national service).

And is this right, that daizie does not know the details of her crime? So therefore doesn't even know what she's doing wrong?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Just had a carpets cleaned by Steve Nourse and his colleague at short notice. They are lovely guys and the cleaning was quick and carpets look great. Good value. 
    • Looking for tickets for 2 adults one child under 2 and one child over 2. However, please let me know if you have any combination of tickets you are no longer able to use.  Thanks 07756110500
    • all I said was "take a pro cash stance too far" - what twisting have I done?   plenty of good arguments for retention of cash - but let's not get too detached from reality either lest we go back to trading livestock   But to go back to your post DD:   "Or don't stop using cash" Yep plenty of people will agree with this - nothing controversial here   "Stop using your phone or even your watch as a banknote" - getting a bit weird now - why not - it's super convenient for both users and businesses. And far easier to keep a track of your balance using your electronic wallet than old systems of cheques taking days to clear, how much did I take from cashpoint 2 days ago etc. But people will differ so whatever works   "God only knows how much damage we're doing to the planet because all the above must require a hell of a lot of resources and juice from the grid" - big straw man argument here. Why bring this in? Unless you are also suggesting we don't buy any goods not made from within a 5 mile radius and nothing transported by air or sea? "a big lump of plastic with a screen and full of personal information that can be easily gleamed." I've had my phone stolen but nothing was lost because it was secure.I've been mugged and lost cash and valuable. It's not a binary thing   "your sky rocket with a phone in your hand. It's become a source of dopamine for many. It's an addiction for many."  Proper overreaching now There is a reason people like their modern phones - and it isn't just replacing cash. Replacing all of these functions in a tiny device is a magnificent achievement and to just boil  it down to "big lump with a screen" is reductive in the extreme  
    • I agree with the posts that housing is an urgent need in Peckham and throughout Southwark. But as Alice says, it’s the percentage of social / affordable housing that matters. In October last year, there were over 4,200 households on the Council’s waiting list for housing in Peckham alone (over 17 thousand across Southwark). But the developer is only offering 35% affordable housing (which means that 65% will be unaffordable). Both Southwark Council and the GLA say that a big development like this should provide 50% affordable housing.   Re-development of the site is a great opportunity to make the town centre “cleaner, safer and more sustainable and welcoming” (borrowing Nigello’s great words). Is this dense development going to do that, when it provides no real green and open space where people can spend time outside and nature can help us tackle the growing problems of climate change like absorbing flood water, cooling the air on baking summer days? Are 7-storey buildings along Rye Lane (where the average buildings are 2-3 storeys) going to be welcoming to users of the town centre? How will the development impact on Peckham’s economy? Currently there is busy daytime commercial activity of shops providing for different demographics and needs including a rich offering of international groceries and other products, alongside a thriving night-time economy. I can’t see anything in the proposal that suggests how it will enhance and empower the local economy. Yes please, let’s have a great development on this site that enhances the town centre. This means not letting the developer get away with packing people into dense blocks that turn their back on the town centre and which will be a recipe for urban decay in the long run. Peckham deserves better than this!
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In