The Herne

The Green

EDT

Black Cherry (see Inside 72)

Bishop

Palmerston

Liqourice

Castle

quite a few contenders just outside the postcode too - Canning, Bar Story, Rye, the Hob, Page 2, Nuns Head (which would get my vote if we step outside the area)

Why not put it out to tender?

If you put a pitch together showing photos of previous forum drinks and briefly outlined the number of people that go, the good free advertising on the forum and the ensuing word of mouth recommendations then I'm sure loads of places would be offering free/discount drinks and food just to get you in the door.

I'm with Tillie, think The Canning would be a good choice. Bishop is horrific in many ways! Inside 72 would have to reserve the whle bar for us, which they obviosly wouldn't do... Shame because it's ace.

If not the Canning, then I'd go with Mark's sugestion... The Uplands isn't the best place in the world, but to be honest, if we get a nice big turn out, it really doesn't matter where we are!

How about The Dulwich Woodhouse one day? Bit out the way I know, but it's big, and does (or used to, I haven't been for ages) decent beer.

Anyway, as I said, my first choice would be The Canning.

I'll go with the George Canning seeing as Steve was good enough to turn up but wonder if it may be a little small for us lot. The Woodhouse is a Youngs pub Keef, fine drop of ale there and a good idea for a future bash and Mark you're right about bringing the atmospshere, so the Uplands wouldn't be a bad idea either. Also, we still haven't tried the newly refurbed Forest Hill Tavern have we and I rather thought that was going to be next up.

A few thoughts:

The next given date (1st Friday of October) is only 2 weeks away - is that too soon? Could we push it back a few weeks to give people time to recover and allow folks with family commitments to be able to justify another evening of embibing?

The first Friday in November is Bonfire weekend - should we move that back a week as there will be alot of folks doing the firework thing?

Then its December - a Christmas themed event?

The 1st Birthday bash sounds great, I was planning to come along but post near miss RTI the Friday before I was still suffering with whiplash, pulled muscles & blinding headaches so after going back to my GP I was referred back to Kings College Hospital for secondary tests.... blah blah, all ok but felt really pulled about & dint get home til 8pm. HOWEVER..... the Uplands is right up my street, so to speak & I would really love to come along & meet y'all.

CHeers GG