Plump and firm like a Thomas Hardy milkmaid. That's an oyster apparently.

katie1997

Ah, see, cos she's all so literary n that.

She might once have been rubenesque but now she's just really fricking irritating and makes cooking the most ludicrously pretentious thing on the tv - good call BBC not recomissioning...

To be honest, I quite like the concept of weaving in some literature with the cooking - food has a great tradition in art in all its forms (and you only have to read Isabel Allende's Aphrodite to start salivating with gluttony / lust).

But for all her formerly Rubenesque ways, no sybarite she. You get no sense with Sophie Dahl that she'd like to roll around in her own chocolate cake (unlike Nigella) and she's had a complete charisma bypass from what I can tell - stop playing on your grand dad's name love and go and marry that funny wee jazz man.

Sorry, I do seem to have warmed to katie's theme rather.

I saw this. It made me cringe. I liked her before this because she seemed rather down to earth. I was a huge Roald Dahl fan and the idea that Sophie in the BFG was based on her made her seem ace. This programme, where she bleats on about 'decadence' and prepares dinner party spreads requiring about a grands worth of grub means she irritates me big time, now.

I wouldn't mind so much if she was still Rubenesque and was saying 'ooh look at all this delicious food...I LOVE it'!

I've only seen small portions of the show.

After the rough and tumble thrillfest that is Saturday Kitchen (the omelette challenge. Will the final dish be heaven or hell? How many times will JimboM mention Yorkshire? And put loads of butter into something after mentioning Yorkshire with an arch look to camera?) I find I need to calm down with the last half hour of Monk on the ITV.

Has she ever prepared a dhal on the programme?

If not I reckon she and her director are missing a biggish trick there.

Following in the fine tradition laid-down by Harold Wilson's chat show, this programme has that tangible air of 'everyone involved knows it isn't really working, but now it's too late to pull it'.

In short, it's a rotter. And Lord knows I know one when I see one.. I've had a greasy hand in more than a few.

An apt description.

Alas, I can't take the credit for the music on this occasion. That honour goes to top-prize-in-theme-music-raffle-winner - Weakest Link composer - Paul.

And here's a snap of him relaxing at home. Seems money can't buy you everything after all.

file.php?20,file=13518