Words that have become fashionable for no apparent reason.

randombloke

Your chance to lament the execrable words or phrases that are creeping into the English languge.

Starters for ten:

Resource. Do you mean person?

Init. I've got a job init. Oh sorry do you mean you are working in the Information Technology department?

Text speak of any kind.

I, like, really like think that like some words have like really been a bit like overused, no? With that, like, really annoying American/Australian intonation at the end which like makes the like tone of your voice go up like everything you are like saying is actually like a question?

Quality.

Used as a universal blokey term of approbation. Absolute quality, mate. In football, a good pass was always a quality ball.

Then "quality" became a value in itself. Spain, for instance, have "quality" all over the park. I'm pretty sure I've heard one pundit describe a team's "quality" as quality. "Their quality is just quality."

Anyway, that's enough qualitative analysis from me.

"Resource. Do you mean person?"

Resource can be people, cash/funding, space (factory space, desk space), raw materials, skills (again, implying people), time, knowledge - any input to an activity which can be consumed and therefore needs to be obtained and lined-up. So in the wider sense when running (say) projects or planning, a 'person' is one kind of resource and during conversation about that kind of 'resource' the term will be used interchangeably with the normal descriptive word. admittedly, often by folks half way through their part-time MBA.

I hate:

- I'm 'loving' it

- 'So' going shopping tommorrow

- 'Sick'. As in, "yeah I went to the festival last week, man it was sick". (which means it was great).

Makes ME 'sick'..

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> - 'Sick'. As in, "yeah I went to the festival

> last week, man it was sick". (which means it was

> great).

I don't think yourself should be including things which might indeed be ridiculous but only serve to replace equally ridiculous things you said when you were 'of an age'.