Ginger kitten Melbourne Grove

siousxiesue

There is a cute ginger kitten wandering opposite the Mr Lui end of Melbourne Grove, very friendly, seems to be out in the elements a lot for one so young. He has followed me along until I've placed him back into the garden he seems to be from, he was out at 10.30pm the other night. Glittery collar. If he is yours, I'm just concerned. A similar thing happened with an older cat that everyone thought had a home, and it turned out the poor thing was stray and ill. I hope someone can put my mind at rest?

I'd suggest if you see if hanging around in the future you could knock on the door of the house you think it belongs to to check? If it doesn't belong to them and after time it's still looking a bit lost and forlorn it shouldn't take long to take it to a vet to check if it's microchipped...

The cat's name is Pickles. He belongs to our neighbour, who lives in the block with the wall, where the cat hangs out. He is a friendly cat, who enjoys being petted. Being the summer, cats prefer to spend time outdoors. He has also enjoyed hanging out with us in our flat all this week, eating fine cuisine, when Poirot is on the box. (Poirot is his favourite tv show)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, The cute ginger kitten is actually a 4 year old cat called Pickle. She was mistreated as a kitten and I rescued her. She has a catflap and pops in and out of the house all day - has plenty of food and water and gets adored by my lovely upstairs neighbours and myself. I appreciate your concern but she is a very happy little cat and prefers to be outside than being cooped up inside.

Sadly their are foxes in our back garden and the council will do nothing about them, so Pickle spends her time round the side and front.

• 2 weeks later...
No this is definately a kitten who has grown from a tiny thing to a slightly bigger kitten, but still young and thin. It's out all hours and weathers and is not a four year old. In fact it was wandering out last night at 10.50pm and again looked as if it had been out all night as it was there again at 8am.