Recommendations for Turkish resorts

emc

Side is ok, places to eat and nice scenery.

I went about 10 years ago and it was very much a German tourist resort so in smaller places they spoke german and turkish not english. It was very nice and the people were so friendly.

No 18-30s in sight, I went years ago though things could have changed!!

emc Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> please - know nothing about Turkey and don't want

> to book somewhere full of Club 18-30ers.

>

> thanks

emc - a friend (early thirties) has recently returned from her hols in Turkey with a few other girls and is raving about how wonderful it was in Dalyan (quieter and more relaxed than other parts).

Olu Deniz apparently too commercial (you can't get a proper Turkish tea...), too many Brits (!) and not relaxing at all.

good luck

Just like to give another recommendation for Dalyan. I went about 4 years ago and it was fantastic. Loads of things to do but also very pretty and relaxed.

PM me if you'd like to know the name of the hotel and I'll have a search for it. Can also definitely recommend the restaurants we ate in.

Hello, I agree that the Turquoise Coast is gorgeous - Kalkan & Kas in particular. They're not really beach resorts - more set around the harbours, but there are 'beach clubs' which sound naff, but are lovely - hotels on the edge of the cliffs with loungers on platforms cut into the cliffs and ladders directly down into the deep sea. You can take some fantastic boat trips, and the choice and quality of restaurants is great too.

I've been several times, and am going (again) in October - can't wait!! By the way, there is an article in the Sunday Times Travel Magazine (june or july issue - not sure which) on The Turquise Coast.

Happy Holidays!

I Just wanted to give another recommendation for Dalyan, it is such a beautiful place and not liek any of teh other touristy med resorts, much more relaxed and down to earth.

Food is great and everyone is really friendly.

I'm booking to go to Turkey in September, found this which seems to be the winner at the mo - ?650 11 nights all inclusive

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g663346-d657920-r71645138-Holiday_Village_Turkey_Sarigerme-Sarigerme_Mugla_Province_Turkish_Aegean_Coast.html#REVIEWS

Is in Sarigerme which is a village outside Marmaris so quiet enough with local bars and restaurants or a cab ride to Marmaris if you fancy something livelier

Sarigerme is about an hour and a half's drive from Marmaris. It's about 10 mins from Dalaman airport. The biggest town nearby is Ortaca but Dalyan is not too far in a taxi. Sarigerme has some bars and shops but not as many as Dalyan.

Does Istanbul count as a 'resort'? It is a great city - and you can travel out to the islands for some tranquil time.

I'm thinking about travelling in the eastern parts of Turkey - there are some amazing unexplored places I've been looking into - but again not exactly what you'd call resorts.

I went to Hisaranou (near Olu Deniz) a few years ago and I'd agree with what katie1997 said - underwhelming

emc Wrote:

> Katie 1997 - thanks for that - don't suppose you

> know which hotel she stayed in?

>

> thanks

> x

i will let you know as soon as i find out ( i'm dying to know now , this has given me inspiration ) :)

• 11 months later...

tarafitness Wrote:

> I went to Marmaris a few years back, very friendly

> but ultra ultra touristy

-------------------------------------------------------------

This place has been well recorded for having a prolific rapist on a motorbike and thus far has not been brought to book

because Turkish law thinks its o.k to treat women like s..t.

Give it a miss.

• 3 months later...