Which is your favourite weather forecaster

SteveT

Certainties in life: death, taxes and the unreliability of the BBC weather. Even allowing for the shaky nature of all other forecasts, the BBC forecast can almost be relied upon to be the polar opposite of what happens

Which I guess makes it almost the most reliable

Anyway ? www.weatherpro.eu is where I use when I feel the need to be curious about the weather

I find the beeb very reliable about the weather whilst it is actually occuring. So for example they are currently saying that today will be a bit overcase and it may rain. Spot on, I'd say.

Does create a small linguistic issue with calling it a "forecast" but that aside, it works well.

The BBC uses Met Office data, and that is consistently one of the most accurate forecasters in the world - a lot higher than 30% for next day forecast. The British weather is highly volatile due to the Atlantic primarily), far more so than the US and most of mainland Europe. And very difficult to predict more than a couple of days ahead.

The trick is to watch the dynamic forecast rather than rely on the static one/three/five day forecast.